Looking For A Gte Hatch.. Cassshhhh Waiting.

Rick-Manta

Hi there, I'm on the hunt for a Manta GTE hatchback. The car will need to be road going, as in with MOT and that will drive, although I'm not expecting anything remotely close to good condition and mechanical issues aren't a major problem as long as it runs a reasonable distance.

I am after a Y, A, B or very early C reg car to avoid the legal requirement of rear belts and side repeaters, but this is a preference over essential. I don't mind if it's a manual or automagic or if it's had any modifications. Possibly consider a 1.8S if it's had a few tweaks like skirts, lower springs and different wheels so it looks GTE-ish.

I'm based in Bristol but can travel a bit. My budget is around £1000.

Tel/Text 07513 400181. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I could squeeze to a bit more than £1k for the right car, please note if it's not a GTE or in the age range I've mentioned then my offer would be lower also that I'm happy to travel but would still need to be in the south or midlands. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, thanks mate. Yes I had a look at this 1.8 when I first posted this ad, I like it even though it's a later model and not a GTE but unfortunately the owner has welded the diff up and wants more money for replacing it with a working one.

On second thoughts Dave, the suspension setup and general overall condition of this one has tempted me, although the axle is an issue there's not a lot out there with tax and test for that money. So if I can sort something out with the seller then I hope to get this one is the South West Manta circles and back as a club member.