Gold Gte Hatch On Ebay

Hi James,

I looked at this one before on Ebay and I really liked the look of it. Probably won't take much to get the middle seat at the back sorted out anyway, I don't think they are the original wheels, I think they should be Gold (correct me if I'm wrong). The spare wheel is gold which suggests that they were originally gold and my Godfather told me that all the gold ones had gold wheels.

Looking at the description it seems that there are only minor niggles that need sorting like the rear wiper and the torn seatbelt, looks a good car.

Jack.

Hi Jack,

Yeah I think you're right about that, although the gold with black wheels looks kinda cool.

The hatches unfortunately often get overlooked because everyone wants a coupe, even though the hatch is still a great car it's just the way things are.

Owners lowered his sights though from the original £2300 starting price it had, but on the face of it wouldn't take a lot to put right if it's structurally sound. Still think he'll struggle to sell at the new price though.

I know this car the previous owner lived not to far from me the wheels were gold then with black centre caps over all it was pretty solid helped him get it goin in return for a headlight for my gold hatch. He then took it for an mot and it passed first time.

Hi James,

The same rules regarding the Gold wheels are the same with the Coupe (again correct me if I'm wrong) but that's what I always believed. Your bang on with the Coupe and Hatchback thing, how the Coupe models are much preferred by some people but I find it impossible to 'prefer' one Manta to another, personally speaking I thing all Manta's are the best! Did you see the Red coupe which was on Ebay and was fire damaged? Was less than 2K but was still a hatchback and very fixable.

Hi Martin - Nice to know you know this Car, do you know what happened with the seats or have they had a lot of use?

I am unsure whether you two know about it or not but there is a timewarp Gold Hatchback that was on Ebay not too long ago for just over 6K, its now been reduced and is advertised on the Car and Classic website for under 6k if you want to see it.

Cheers,

Jack.

I have been told that although these wheels are black they are the original gold ones that have been painted over in black. I know not good news but Martin knows this Car and I speak with him on the phone. The first thing I would do is get the original wheels back to the original gold again and the interior wouldn't be too much hassle to put right, it has been left out in the sun I think and that's why the back seat is so torn.

It's a really nice Hatchback and I hope it stays in the club,

Jack.