Project Opel Manta Gt/e On Ebay.

I have found another one! This time it's not an A series but a B series Hatchback I need of restoration. this one has automatic transmission so I guess it's a rare example than the manual.

The story behind this one is that the owner bought the car to restore but due to work and lack of time he has decided to sell the project on. As soon as I saw the price I knew it was a restoration project but it looks very nice from the outside!

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/opel-manta-/161341266607?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2590b05aaf

Jack.

• Like 1

That one looks like it could be hiding a lot as Mantas often do! In the 5th pic down you can see tell tale signs of underseal/welding at the front of the inner wing/chassis rail. I think the roof bubbling is just the tip of the iceberg. Theres a broken side skirt and bad bolster on the drivers seat which isnt a big deal but more worrying is the rear valance and the fact the rear panel has been refinished in black. I wonder what that is hiding? Also no Swan neck photographs! On a positive note it does look complete :thumbup

I noticed the rear panel being painted black also and it looks a lot better without the black paint so maybe it is painted black so you can't see the hidden problems! The wear on the drivers seat is pretty severe to be honest meaning this is a lot more than the standard wear that those seats get. The best part of the Car is that when you look at it, it does look good from the outside, at least it is a complete Car. Don't think this is going to be my first Manta. :P

• Like 1

this disappointingly sold for less than I thought it would jack. .auto or not had it been a coupe it would have more than doubled what it made. yes a bit rough here and there and the bottom of the rear valance looks a bit bad could be something to has had a repair as the rest of the back is black. and the seat has been chewed by a dog or something. but overall its complete which is a plus point nowadays as many are not complete or have wrong bits fitted.

I think the fact its auto put some buyers off. although its a simple enough conversion to change to manual . many people frown on the auto mantas. on a personal note I like mine as I drive manual everyday and the auto is a nice lazy change I also like the fact its a bit rarer than manual. :)

Hi Paul,

It's definitely true what you say about the Coupe and the Hatchback, the demand for Coupe models is far greater than the Hatchback model. But personally speaking I like all Mantas and they are all the best in their own ways if you ask me.

Your not joking about the rarity of the auto Mantas, I can't believe that my godfather owned an automatic Exclusive coupe and I have been in it many times when he had it. It's unbelievable to me how rare they are now looking back on when my godfather had his and in fact I have his Car printed on a t-shirt that I wear!

It certainly doesn't put me off if a Manta is an Auto but for my first one I think it has to be a manual for sure and a GT/E.

Cheers,

Jack.