Can An Ascona B Rear Panel Fit Manta B Coupe?

CRAZYDAVE

As above. I can see the panel edges either side of the rear lights are different but otherwise they look very similar. Can the edges simply be trimmed to allow fitting to a manta coupe or is the overall width or any other features eg light aperture height or boot latch different?. I know the rear valance repair sections available suits Manta or Ascona B. I dont have access to an Ascona to check.

Edited by CRAZYDAVE

On my old coupe, I replaced the section from just underneath the lights with one for a saloon.  If I remember correctly the width is ok but the valance either isn't long enough or doesn't have enough of a curve to meet the Manta floor.

On my old coupe, I replaced the section from just underneath the lights with one for a saloon.  If I remember correctly the width is ok but the valance either isn't long enough or doesn't have enough of a curve to meet the Manta floor.

Hi Ems

Thanks for your reply. What i'm wondering is whether the full Ascona rear panel is able to be used. If the manta lights will fit and is the section between the lights the correct width for a Manta exclusive coupe infill panel?? The outer edge is different at the lights but looks like it can be trimmed straight to be the same as a Manta one.