Stainless back box options for Cavvy Coupe?

Rob36

Hi all. Im considering treating the '78 Cavvy Coupe to a stainless back box. Shes running the original 1900 cih and a standard exhaust currently. Anyone got any suggestions? Dont want anything too big or garish really... I saw a 'powersprint item on ebay that looked nice - but also said 60mm bore, which is larger than standard I think and I reckon thats not just the tailpipe?

you could look for local stainless steel exhaust manufactures near you and hopefully get an agreement on what your after. Better to have one that is fitted to the car at source than a mass produced item.

I got my stainless from a company ccw-tools.com http://www.ccw-tools.com/Automotive-Equipment/Stainless-Steel-Exhausts__c-p-0-0-5435-5475.aspx .Just checked and it seems they no longer stock Opel or Vauxhall items.  It may be worth contacting them to see if they have any old stock.

I bought the complete system from the manifold back.  Looks like a standard system, sounds similar and the price was about half that quoted for a performance fitted system.