New (old!) member!

nicam

Hi everyone,

I was an OMOC member for many years until I sold my Manta A 1900 SR Auto in around 2001ish.

I was lurking around this site and saw a post in the wanted section "I want my Manta A back" and I thought, Yes I do as well.

I have checked on the DVLA system and it is SORNed and last MOT`d in 2013.

So, big Question - does anyone know of, or even better own, SBV 748K and might it be for sale to a pining previous owner.

I remember it going to Norfolk area way back then.

Here`s hoping.

Thank you,

Nicam

Edited by nicam
date corrected
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just checked on the ASKMID site and the car is not currently insured. Perhaps that is not a good sign as I am sure that most people would keep some sort of cover on a car even when it was garaged / being restored / just resting!!

It seems odd that there have been no sightings / knowledge of SBV748K over the last 15 or so years.

Thanks to everyone for reading this.

Nigel

5 hours ago, nicam said:

I have just checked on the ASKMID site and the car is not currently insured. Perhaps that is not a good sign as I am sure that most people would keep some sort of cover on a car even when it was garaged / being restored / just resting!!

It seems odd that there have been no sightings / knowledge of SBV748K over the last 15 or so years.

Thanks to everyone for reading this.

Nigel

A lot of people don't bother insuring laid up cars. I would also guess that if the car is insured on a laid up policy it wouldn't appear on Askmid, as it's not insured for the road.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just found out that it last changed hands ( by the fact that a new V5 was issued ) in July 2013, which ties in with the SORN and the dropping of the insurance.

I`ll keep investigating and see if anything turns up. 

• 3 months later...