Manta B Turbo Z20let

Frank C1964

Hi All, some advice needed with my Manta B 400R build please. I am looking to fit the Z20let engine with Mazda RX8 6 speed gearbox. I have found the adapter plate for this but there are 2 available, one keeps the engine upright and the other leans it over by 7 degrees apparently to fit the 1.8 sump. What is the option to go for? I have been told (Thanks Joey) that to clear the cross member I will need the 1.8 sump. I am sure that loads of people have fitted the z20let into a Manta and I would very much appreciate if I could get in touch with someone for help and advice with all the technical changes and parts necessary for the conversion. If you can help me please drop me a message. Many Thanks in advance Frank.

• Like 1

Thanks again Jess, I put out a request for info on doing the conversion to the Z20let engine with the Rx8 gearbox but had very limited useful info. I see a guy called TaylorBlue on here did some back in 2016 but there seems to be only limited info and a couple of pics(would be nice to get in touch with him if anyone can help!). I was going to fit the 1.8 sump, mounts and even considered a Getrag gearbox but after seeing that it is all like hens teeth to get hold of and commands a high price, plus hard to get gearbox rebuild parts etc etc I have decided on the Mazda option and run the Z20let upwright as it is in the Astras and use a custon made sump instead of canting it over to use the 1.8 part.I have the adapter plate to do this but thanks for the offer, any other info or offer of parts that could help would be much appreciated. Cheers mate Frank