Jump to content

Sealants and the like.

Recommended Posts

When I stripped down my car I removed a number of different sealants. There was a sticky tape strip between bits of trim and the bodywork, a mastic sealant in the front and rear windscreen rubbers and in the engine bay the heater box was bedded on some non setting mastic.

Does anyone know the correct names for these materials and where I can buy them from?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sikaflex do varied sealants, but for screen 255 is very good, although softish, it is not putty like soft and it does bond.

Dow do one that's very close to oem, but I can't remember the type code.

When I spoke to a chap local that does car glass, he said he just uses semi setting stuff for building trade, but I am not sure about this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...