General Inquiry

Hello, Im not a member but just created an account to take a trip down memory lane, just wondering if anyone has heard the name Derek Demner who is an ex OMOC member in the late 90s to around mid 2000’s and if anybody has any pictures of his old manta stashed away somewhere? I would love to see them! spacer.png

• Like 1

Well that is a story! I won’t go into too many details but I remember it was a well known car in the club for a few years. Seriously modified for back in the day. The shell survives I believe but it hasn’t turned a wheel for years from what I’m told. 

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 18:51, 1900SR said:

I do remember Del from when I first joined the club, but I think the only pic I've got of the car is this one (I think that's his anyway).

Rolling road day 2.JPG

Yes, that’s the one! I vaguely remember that day. I think it was a rolling road day for the manta club, could be wrong. Cool pic tho 

23 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Well that is a story! I won’t go into too many details but I remember it was a well known car in the club for a few years. Seriously modified for back in the day. The shell survives I believe but it hasn’t turned a wheel for years from what I’m told. 

Last show he did was 2005/6 i think, he then put the car into restoration but never got it completed. He’s had a couple of mantas since but never done shows with them. I keep trying to get him to buy one but they’re shooting up in price and getting very rare. I grew up with mantas and parts of them too!😂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cameron.99 said:

Yes, that’s the one! I vaguely remember that day. I think it was a rolling road day for the manta club, could be wrong. Cool pic tho 

Last show he did was 2005/6 i think, he then put the car into restoration but never got it completed. He’s had a couple of mantas since but never done shows with them. I keep trying to get him to buy one but they’re shooting up in price and getting very rare. I grew up with mantas and parts of them too!😂

Yes, it was at Northampton Motorsport, I'm guessing in 2004. I know I'd just picked my Manta up from the bodyshop after it had been resprayed.