Starting a TurboManta Replica.

Kneuzer

Dear fellow Manta fanatics!

I'm new on this website. I have got myself an Opel Manta A 1900S from 1975. 

I'm looking to build a TurboManta replica out of this one.

Anyone have some advice for me before starting this project? Maybe there is an article that got this covered when making a replica. Saw the other article which's talking about the specs. Tho, the "click here" link for building a replica doesn't work. Anyone got this covered or can provide me some information about this. Right now, the only part I can't find online is the Holset 3LDG turbo. 

Also one of the first things I want to do is removing the vinyl roof to cure the rustspots underneath the seam. Only 1 hole appeared the size of half a 1 euro coin at the backwindow. I don't think about getting a new vinyl roof after this fix. Can someone provide me with some advice about the risks or how to safely do this without further damaging the roof, or ripping the rust while stripping the roof?

Very Thanks!! 

Kneuzer

(Belgium)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Get the forum joined as a member, that way you will have access to the me,bets only sections that do have sone information on Turbocharged CIH builds. These are restricted, but cost is very low to join the club 👍

Okey, thank you very much!

• Like 1

Thank you all friends! :D

I do have an Instagram page where I'll be posting updates of the project, this first year will be more about collecting pieces and restore parts needed for legally drive in Belgium. Next year we will be taking her apart for full restauration.

https://www.instagram.com/opel_manta_a_1.9s/

Here you can find the updates and pictures. More to be uploaded soon.

• Like 1