Everyday Cavalier

Mick

Not gonna have much info yet, I cant see it let alone get at it

Hopefully be a daily driver when I get it sorted, not going for a full on restoration its not worth it but should be back on the road as long as the rot hasnt got it.

Standard 2 litre Cavalier GL as seen in the For Sale section here, thanks to Brown Job for posting it, and Chris Thomas for deciding he had enough already Good clean up, the inevitable welding and better brakes, 5 speed conversion if it turns out to be ok.

PICT0067.jpg

It should be ok, may have some scuffs on the paint but there isnt much on the car, there is a wheel and tyre on the windscreen and the stuff on the bonnet is lightweight.. cant see anything else, nothing on the roof if I remember rightly. The main pain is the drivers window is open and has been for 3-4 years so the inside will need sorting, main thing is the garage is dry, the car is dusty not wet so thats a possible good point Will see when I go to get it soon.

Yeah i hope so, will see in a week or so, might be the weekend of the AGM dont know yet, I need to get a trailer and borrow my Dads car to tow it, none of mine have a towbar

I have a set of tidy Rostyles and new 185/70 tyres to go on already as the ones on will be useless, flat and I doubt they would even blow up.. gonna be fun dragging it out, will be a case of pull and then try to free the brakes off, no room to get at it where it is now.

There's a guy in Skellingthorpe that rents car transporter trailers for £35/day. I used one to collect mine when i bought it years ago, and will probably rent one again when you've finished sorting mine.

I've got 5 truck ratchet straps if you need them, they're rated at 5 tonne each. Dont mind coming with you for the ride one weekend if you think you'll need a push or pull to get it out the garage.