Hello

Hi I'm Steve from Cumbria. I used to own a Dolphin Grey exclusive hatch many yrs ago and always fancied another Manta, so I've bought myself an exclusive coupe. The car is 200 miles away with no tax or MOT, so as soon as I can get some way of getting it home i'l get to work on it. I used to be a member of OMOC when I had the hatch and enjoyed Billing very much. I also used to rally a Manta back in the 90s and would love to have a go again. it's just so expensive nowadays. Well that's all folks for now, I'l post some pics of the car when I get it home!!!

Well I finally got someone to lend me a van and trailer to go for the car and set off from home at 17:30 on Sat evening. After experiencing thick fog all the way from Glasgow and the alternator adjuster bolt shearing on the van which meant running on side lights in the dark to take the load off the belt, I finally arrived in Aviemore at 23:15 to a nice hot cup of coffee ( a bottle of JD would have gone down better), but thanks all the same to the guys good lady wife. After getting the car on the trailer we set about fixing the alternator with a pair of water pump pliers, a screwdriver and a bolt that was too short. We fixed it believe it or not and I was on my way back by 00:30. Again it was thick fog all the way to Glasgow, but at least I had lights this time so I could see where I wasn't going!!! After two stops for coffee and a box of matches (think about it) I arrived safe and sound at home at 07:45 on Sunday morning, so I'm sorry for rambling on but my brain isn't functioning as it should. Anyway I'm off to my bed now and I will take some piccies tomorrow and show you what a restoration job I,ve given myself! But for £500 I couldn't say no!

Nite nite.

As promised here are a few pics of the car before i start stripping it to see what horrors lurk beneath the carpet etc

How do I post pics on here. My attachments are too big apparently......ooh vicar!