Ford Gearbox Onto Cih

steely dan

Looking into fitting a Ford Rocket or type 9 Sierra gearbox onto the CIH engine.

A couple of questions, is the spline on the 1.8 OHC and 2.0 CIH gearboxes the same and has anyone ever done this .

I'd be interested in the clutch parts used.

Don

Looking into fitting a Ford Rocket or type 9 Sierra gearbox onto the CIH engine.

A couple of questions, is the spline on the 1.8 OHC and 2.0 CIH gearboxes the same and has anyone ever done this .

I'd be interested in the clutch parts used.

Don

Had a type 9 in my Cortina 'cause it had the extra cog, but when the CIH has a lovely 5-speed of it's own why would you want to bolt on a Fordy box?.. :blink: The splines are the same between the 1.8 ohc and the CIH 5-speed.

It's for a Manta that we campaign over here in Ireland on Tarmac. We currently use a 240 but the ratios are all wrong. I'm considering a Quaife CR kit which is built into a Manta 4 speed box but over here Ford Close ratio boxes are " easier " to come across. I have an adaptor plate for the Ford 'box hence my question.

We use the 8 valve CIH engine due to the class we are in.

I've found someone over here who has fitted a T9 onto a red top so the conclusion is that the Ford and 240 ( both ) splines are the same .

Thanks

Steely dan

The Getrag and ford boxes are totally different splines. Getrag is a 14 tooth spline, Ford is something like a 26 tooth spline. What clutch are you using? Only ask cos if you use a Helix clutch then you can specify what spline you want on the spinner plate at no extra cost

I would be interested in the dimensions of the plate if you have them to hand i'm sort of in the process of doing the same thing (well planning it!!). 2.5 CIH, close ratio ford box, Atlas or Sierra rear end in my Coupe.

HTH

Chris

Steely dan

The Getrag and ford boxes are totally different splines. Getrag is a 14 tooth spline, Ford is something like a 26 tooth spline. What clutch are you using? Only ask cos if you use a Helix clutch then you can specify what spline you want on the spinner plate at no extra cost

I would be interested in the dimensions of the plate if you have them to hand i'm sort of in the process of doing the same thing (well planning it!!). 2.5 CIH, close ratio ford box, Atlas or Sierra rear end in my Coupe.

HTH

Chris

Chris have a look here .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270386709803

Don