Sumps 1.8 2.0 1.7

vealmonkey

I think you'd probably need the sump from a Manta 1.8, as well as the 1.8 box. Given the stupid prices that 1.8 sumps go for now, if you've not got one you might be better off talking to someone like Yukspeed who I believe make a sump that will fit (designed for the 2.0XE in RWD applications).

Vealmonkey, the SEH sump is very very damn close "looking" but believe me it doesn't actually fit.

I've been in the process of altering one of these steel sumps to suit the XE engine which is pretty much the same block as the 1.7TD.

But will say the amount of alteration required and the capacity that I started losing from the steel sump started to become a serious headache. I've put it all on a backburner for now as I was getting fed up with it all, but one thing I did realise is that the steel sump will need wings adding to it to help retain any decent capacity.

It is the crossmember clearance that causes the problem.

crossmember and steering rack clearance is the problem , the 1.7 td sump is alloy with a tin part bolted on and this lot sits at the front off the engine where the crossmenber and rack sit , if i have the engine sitting higher i have bellhousing hight problems and prop

and the bonnet hits the engine to , i have a 1.5 td engine with a tin sump i will whip that off and start moding it also need to do the oil pick up pipe :blink: (good welding needed) , and the omaga gearbox seems a bit big in the manta A and hits the torshion bar , so i think i will take the 5 speed out of my manta 1.8 it is a pure bas geting the 1.7 td to fit the manta A but theres no turning back

take you have the X17DTL Gm Turbo Diesel engine if you say it has a alloy sump. They did do a complete steel sump for the engine but you will also need the early oil pump.

On the engine you have i think the oil pickup pipe is bolted to the front of the sump, theres a hole in the mounting face that lines up with the oil pump, on the early engine the pickup goes straight into the oil pump.

The sump off your 1.5 will not fit this engine as the 1.5 is an Isuzu lump not GM. The 1.7TD Isuzu is the better engine as you can play with pump timing and fuel delivery

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

the 1.7 td Isuzu engine has a shorter block than the xe, 1.8 , as i tryed a seh 2.0l sump and it was too long , and the 1.5 td Isuzu engine has the bole at the front of the engine (neex one at rear), so still on the look for a nother sump maby the 1.6 , 1.4 vauxhall corsa ?

any one have any new info sump wise that may fit ? :blink: