Please Help :) Upset With Axle Fitting

mattguttmann

Hey everyone,

I have just picked up a Manta A axle to fit into my chevette. I was told it was a bolt in swap but unfortunately its not :(

The problem is the fitting on the torque tube which bolts to the prop. The fitting on the Manta axle I have got is different to the chevette.

Are there different fittings available?

Or will I need to get the rear section of the Manta prop and make a cut and shut prop?

thanks alot

Matt

also.

If anyone has any pictures of a complete Manta prop please post them up as If the manta prop fits directly to my carlton box that would also be great. Cheers

You might be better asking on www.chevettes.com forum.

I think it's probably a bolt in swap if you had a CIH engined Kadett which would have been set up for 1600 / 1900 / 2000 engines and boxes.

Thanks for your reply, I have found out I need to make a custom prop so just going to pick up a Manta prop now. cheers anyway

Many people think that the A series bolt s straight up, but it doesn't, you will also need to make new adaptor mounts for the anti rollbar if you want to use it.

Here's a couple of pics you might find handy. I fitted the chevette torque tube mount onto the Manta torque tube, then, as you say, you need a Manta prop to shorten.

25hk2sn.jpg

qz3ud2.jpg