Exclusive Or Possibly Not Me Thinks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270443697755&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Not that it claims to be one anywhere in the listing and it does appear to be a very nice car, I just thought ooooo! an exclusive. Then I noticed the plastic steering wheel and the silver spare wheel so I reckon this was once a GTE coupe that now has most of the kit fitted along with the 'painted' badge on the back. I did ask the seller if it is or isn't.

Nothing wrong wi' it (apart from the short MOT), I just thought I'd mention it save anyone thinking of paying exclusive money and getting a shock.

My bet would be that its a GTE, not just by the listing title but also the shape of the washer bottle, GTE are square and Exclusive are round, although I spose it could have been changed from the one to the other but there is no usual reason for that to happen. Also as you pointed out the steering wheel is also incorrect, not the leather Irmscher but a GTE.

Looks like a good copy, for a minute i thought it was my old exclusive D617 KNG, it even looks like it's on the drive of my old house, down to the same colour garage door :o

washer bottle, bronze glass, steering wheel all GTE, really nice condition though with a great 3 piece, straight back bumper,late dash, good lights, red piped interior, no washer holes in front bumper, shut lines look good. spares too

I like it a lot :thumbup

I bet it sells for a fair few quid

Looks like a good copy, for a minute i thought it was my old exclusive D617 KNG, it even looks like it's on the drive of my old house, down to the same colour garage door :o

washer bottle, bronze glass, steering wheel all GTE, really nice condition though with a great 3 piece, straight back bumper,late dash, good lights, red piped interior, no washer holes in front bumper, shut lines look good. spares too

I like it a lot :thumbup

I bet it sells for a fair few quid

Wouldn't surprise me if it reached 2K or more, a good example like that should fetch at least that, Iv known lesser quality ones fetch over 2K:)

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't surprise me if it reached 2K or more, a good example like that should fetch at least that, Iv known lesser quality ones fetch over 2K:)

Just joined up as i'm the one who's bought this car.

It did come with an irmscher leather steering wheel as well.

The guy i bought it from had owned it for 20 years & said that is how it has been all the time he has owned it.

Is the value difference between an Exclusive & GT/E a lot as there seems to be quite a few Exclusives for sale at the moment for the same sort of money as the GT/E's.

Anyway love the car,it's much better in the flesh.

Just joined up as i'm the one who's bought this car.

It did come with an irmscher leather steering wheel as well.

The guy i bought it from had owned it for 20 years & said that is how it has been all the time he has owned it.

Is the value difference between an Exclusive & GT/E a lot as there seems to be quite a few Exclusives for sale at the moment for the same sort of money as the GT/E's.

Anyway love the car,it's much better in the flesh.

Good luck with it, it looked tidy enough. Whats it like underneath? any plans for it as far as keeping it standard or modifying it?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with it, it looked tidy enough. Whats it like underneath? any plans for it as far as keeping it standard or modifying it?

Thanks,

Excellent underneath thumbsup.gif

planning to keep it pretty much standard ,suspension has been uprated & will be looking at uprating the brakes.