Twin Weber Carbs & Throttle Cable

SENNA1

Hi,

just wondering how you guys have connected the throttle cable to the twin weber carbs(those of you who have webers).

In my case,the cable is coming out from bulkhead towards engine bay & then after a big 'S' bend is going towards the weber top throttle linkage(That's at the r/h side of the engine block of course).This 'S' bend makes the throttle pedal too stiff/hard to useangry.gif .

Is there any other way to connect this cable to the webers & thus having a 'normal' throttle pedal feel?unsure.gif

Thanks to all...

Hi,

just wondering how you guys have connected the throttle cable to the twin weber carbs(those of you who have webers).

In my case,the cable is coming out from bulkhead towards engine bay & then after a big 'S' bend is going towards the weber top throttle linkage(That's at the r/h side of the engine block of course).This 'S' bend makes the throttle pedal too stiff/hard to useangry.gif .

Is there any other way to connect this cable to the webers & thus having a 'normal' throttle pedal feel?unsure.gif

Thanks to all...

Hi, you have one cable or two?

The link that i bought to my dellortos have two cables i think in that way the feelling in the pedal will be more soft.

Hi, you have one cable or two?

The link that i bought to my dellortos have two cables i think in that way the feelling in the pedal will be more soft.

I have only 1 cable.

How can i attach a second cable?unsure.gif

Hi,

Twin Webers (two carbs), or twin choke (twin barrel) Weber?

2 twin weber carbs with the throttle cable linkage on top of the first weberunsure.gif

When I had the Webers on this is how my throttle was routed;

IMG]http://i686.photobuc...ingMedium-2.jpg

hope this helps . .

The cable linkage on your twin webers as i can see,is situated at the midle of the twinsunsure.gif

This is the layout of the throttle cable(difficult to see but...it does make sense!)

"http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/SENNINHA1/?action=view&current=SDC10014.jpg

I have only 1 cable.

How can i attach a second cable?unsure.gif

2 twin weber carbs with the throttle cable linkage on top of the first weberunsure.gif

The cable linkage on your twin webers as i can see,is situated at the midle of the twinsunsure.gif

This is the layout of the throttle cable(difficult to see but...it does make sense!)

"http://s991.photobuc...nt=SDC10014.jpg

To instal the second cable depends on the type of the linkage that you use

In this site http://www.dellorto....artsectionID=49 you can see some types of linkage to use in weber or dellorto

You can find this in ebay too and for good prices.

I bought an use linkage to my dellorto, it is with my brother in London i live in Portugal, the kit comes with 2 cables cut to RHD i have have anothers to instal in my car, so if you want when i recive them i can send to you the cables free.

Cheers

Edited by costasa

To instal the second cable depends on the type of the linkage that you use

In this site http://www.dellorto....artsectionID=49 you can see some types of linkage to use in weber or dellorto

You can find this in ebay too and for good prices.

I bought an use linkage to my dellorto, it is with my brother in London i live in Portugal, the kit comes with 2 cables cut to RHD i have have anothers to instal in my car, so if you want when i recive them i can send to you the cables free.

t

Cheers

Hi Costasa and thanks!

Another question: I have the DCOE top mounting linkage for my webers.This linkage accepts 2 cables.Is it possible,if i fit 2 cables instead of 1,to have a much smoother pedal, or the stiffness of my pedal arises from the tight 'S' shape direction of the throttle cable?unsure.gif

Also,how do you attach the second cable to the pedal?Pedal has a recess for only 1 cableblink.gif .

Thanks in advance

Hi Costasa and thanks!

Another question: I have the DCOE top mounting linkage for my webers.This linkage accepts 2 cables.Is it possible,if i fit 2 cables instead of 1,to have a much smoother pedal, or the stiffness of my pedal arises from the tight 'S' shape direction of the throttle cable?unsure.gif

Also,how do you attach the second cable to the pedal?Pedal has a recess for only 1 cableblink.gif .

Thanks in advance

Hi

I think that the second cable will help to improve and smooth the control of aceleration, but i'm not instal this in my Manta so is just my opinion.

When you instal a second cable you will need a piece that will conect the two cables and then gos to the pedal, it is this picture.

C_dellortolinkaege.jpg

This photo is from the kit that i bought to my dellorto

I think that some one can explain better how to instal and if will improve the smoother of the pedal.

Cheers

Costa

Edited by costasa

I 've checked the site & decited that i have to change the linkage mechanism to this one....

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/merchandise/products_details.asp?PartNo=STLK100&CategoryID=8&PartsectionID=49

This mechanism changes the direction of throttle cable thus making (i thing) a more easy pedal feeling.Pedal block which attaches to pedal & 2 cables are also included.smile.gif

Thanks again Costa & all the rest of you!thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Senna,

So the problem with the 2 cables resolve?

Cheers

Costa

Hi Costa!

Yes! Just fitted the Sytec aluminium weber linkage with the 2 cables.Problem solvedthumbsup.gif

I'll have to take some pictures for you to see soon.

Thanks againsmile.gif

• 3 years later...