Frontera 2.4 Shroud ?

cam.in.head

hi there. have i read somewhere that the 2.4 cih frontera engine has a heat shield that fits above the exhaust manifold.stopping all the heat rising to the injectors/wiring etc. if so does anyone have one & is it likely to fit a standard 2.2 set up. ?? would be a worthwhile addition. or have i justdreamed this cheers all.. chris .cam. in .head.

Yes the 2.4 did have this sheild but are now more or less impossible to find new and second hand ones and usually buggered but can be used as a pattern

To fit one on a 2.0 or 2.2 manifold you need to drill and tap the blanks but be careful you don't drill all the way through the manifold, i always use a hand drill from doing this

Cheers

Andy

so is it basically a full length tin shield that stops excessive heat rising from the exhaust? if so sounds like a good idea to fit one as the injector wiring always tends to get brittle from the heat. if anyone has one, even buggered then it could be used as a template. or if anyone could photo or draw round one flat would be appreciated. great. many thanks. chris..........