1973 1.9 Opel Manta

simon p

1973 1.9 Yellow Opel manta first registered 4th April 1973. Its only had 2 owners and been in dry storage for a few years now. I bought it with the intention of restoring it to stock or to offer it to anyone requiring me provide a fully restored, turn key A Series. I need to expand my workshop floor space now so i need move it on.

Its complete but i've never had it running although the old guy i bought it off said he'd driven in the garage i got it out of which i guess makes sense, i can have a go at getting it running for anyone interested. it does need bodywork and welding too. I'll get some pictures tomorrow but i thought i'd get an add up tonight to get the ball rolling.

Looking for £800 which i think is no bad bearing in mind it complete and unmolested.

Car's in Suffolk.

Edited by simon p

1973 1.9 Yellow Opel manta first registered 4th April 1973. Its only had 2 owners and been in dry storage for a few years now. I bought it with the intention of restoring it to stock or to offer it to anyone requiring me provide a fully restored, turn key A Series. I need to expand my workshop floor space now so i need move it on.

Its complete but i've never had it running although the old guy i bought it off said he'd driven in the garage i got it out of which i guess makes sense, i can have a go at getting it running for anyone interested. it does need bodywork and welding too. I'll get some pictures tomorrow but i thought i'd get an add up tonight to get the ball rolling.

Looking for £800 which i think is no bad bearing in mind it complete and unmolested.

Car's in Suffolk.

Very interested simon. Agree with dave. Look forward to the pictures

Luke

Hi Simon,

This sounds like exactly what Im after. I have been trying to buy one exactly the same from my local scrapyard for ages but they just wont sell me it because of some stupid policy they have. I can buy all the bits but not the shell. such a waste!! Its such a clean straight car. anyway I would love to see some pics of yours. Im very interested. My email is samsalter1@googlemail.com If its easier to email them?. or If anyone wants me to get any bits off the scrapped one for them drop me an email.

Thanks,

Sam

had a look over it today, needs work on the inner wings, chassis rails, sills rear arches and rear valance. Ive got a pair of arches that i'll throw in. The rear qtr needs pulling out too. Interior's not bad, even had the original radio.

22m2h3.jpg

2ujld8x.jpg

zsl1c0.jpg

ofrhtz.jpg

2d1p7gx.jpg

dnk6c5.jpg