Broken Getrag 240

nosmanta

Hello mates!

I'm interested in buying a broken Getrag 240 gearbox for the C20XE motor. If you have one I would need the bellhousing sawed off before sending it to me. I'm going to use it to mount my ZF race gearbox to my XE motor. Paypal payment. Cheers!

Andy Clears has an Omega box for sale.

I know that is not what you asked but I just thought I would suggest it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion mate! I'm not sure how long the Omega measures. I was hoping to cut and weld the 240 gearbox to accommodate the ZF box. I have 2 boxes right now. 2.99 and the racing 3.85 1st gears. I would hate to operate on a perfectly good Getrag 240 which is installed right now.

omega bell housing will do ok. look on www.fuzznagg.co.uk they have ford to xe bellhousings sometimes quite cheap that would sort out your request :thumbupconversionfor265002.jpg265conversion006.jpg this is to fit to a getrag 265 gearbox to xe

Edited by rutts

Thanks for the info Rutts! I was considering the ford to xe bell but not sure of release arm to be use and other accessories. Will the Opel release bearing work with the Ford release arm? And I might have to order the arm from the wreckers there as I'm currently in the Far East. Will the Cortina arm work? We might have it here in the Philippines. Hear from you soon! Cheers!

you should be able to use the ford clutch arm and bearing, mine is a bit of a miss match but works. bronze spigot bearing (custom made),xe clutch cover,ford paddle clutch plate with jaguar clutch bearing on a manta clutch arm.

you should be able to use the ford clutch arm and bearing, mine is a bit of a miss match but works. bronze spigot bearing (custom made),xe clutch cover,ford paddle clutch plate with jaguar clutch bearing on a manta clutch arm.

Cheers mate! I'll be in touch!