Spacers For Wheels.

manxmanta

I have a 1988 manta gte exclusive and would like to fit a 400 body kit on it. Given the space that the arches will leave, does anyone have or know where I could get a set of spacers from, as without them I think it might look odd.

I live on the Isle of Man and haven't seen a 400 over here. I think mine would stand out with the 400 kit on it.

Regards,

Manxmanta :)

i know they are expensive but buy the correct wheels for the kit, looks better and safer. if you go for spacers use hubcentric ones much better than cheap ones. ;)

the biggest problem with wild spacers like those is the extra load you are applying to the wheel bearings by moving the races that far from the centre of the unsprung weight.i believe TJM was making up an order for front hubs if you ask him he may be able to get them machined with the offset altrerd by moving the bearing races in the hub.

Thanks for your help and advice guys. In an ideal word i should buy some wheels although i'm not sure what size i would have to buy to fill the arches, or how much they would cost. If anyone could let me know it would be much appreciated. :)

wheels are a very personal item so i am not even going to tell you what to get. but there is the in charachter items like revolutions 15" or the azev a or even some bbs or borbets or the very expensive option of split rims from somebody like image wheels. i had the same morale dilemma some years ago and thought i had found the ideal wheels BMW M3 which have the exact offset to fill the front and rear arches properly but there are no wheel pcd adaptors available.in the end i went a tad silly and opted for some porsche boxster s 18" alloys using hubcentric pcd adaptors.

Edited by madmantamik

Thanks for your help and advice guys. In an ideal word i should buy some wheels although i'm not sure what size i would have to buy to fill the arches, or how much they would cost. If anyone could let me know it would be much appreciated. :)

This Firm normally advertise their white 5 spoke Revolutions on ebay @ £500 for a set of 2x8" and 2x9" x 15",which is the right sizes for filling out the arches.

http://www.tmgalloywheels.com/