Brand New Overrider

As far as i know its for a manta, the part no on it is 3459463, i dont know much about Ascona's so not sure how you tell?

When you say the tail, do you mean the metal part that come out of the bottom where you bolt it on? if so its about 1 1/2 inches from the bend to the bottom.

Let me know if there are any other measurements you need or more pictures.

Andy

I'm no expert either Andy, but the rubber 'tail', where the metal tab is attached (as well as the metal tab itself), seems longer than on the one you have.

If you look at the picture here for instance, you can just about make it out.

http://www.mantaclub.org/archive/manta_a_sr.htm

I could be comepletely wrong though - but I'll have a look at mine this evening and see.

Andy,

Looked at mine this evening, and they are definitely not the same as yours. Mine have a longest dimension of around 275mm (rubber part only, nose to tail), and the metal tab is around 70mm long. Mine follow the line of the curved front valence quite well, yours looks much more 'upright'.

Still doesn't help you with what yours fits mind...I had a look on dr-mantas site, and it does look a bit like the ones he has marked as Ascona.

Fin

Hi Fin

Looking at the pictures your right the manta one does look much longer so it must be an Ascona one, does yours have a part number on the back? i got a list off of Mark Kinnon (who has done loads of stuff for manta A's) and the list shows this for the part number under the manta info: N/S Front Bumper Overider (Rubber) 17 52 624 03459463

So i am total confused! maybe someone with and Ascona can shed some light on it?

Sorry i cant help you out.

If you need any front suspension upper bushes i have some of those im going to put up on the site in the next day or two when i have images, and they definatly are off a Manta!!

Thanks Andy

Your overrider is for an Ascona A.! GM part numbers begining with 0343.... and 0345.... nearly always relate to Manta/Ascona A. Early Manta/Ascona "B" GM part number began 0928.... Numbers did get superceeded quite often, which was very confusing if you were trying to identify a part by the number stamped on it.....I'll put my anorak back on the peg now!

Hey Paul

Glad you had your anorak with you!

Thanks for the info, just need to find someone with an Ascona now that needs one! Need to pay for all the new bits im getting as its all starting to get expensive!

Andy