Parts And Pictures For A Redtop Conversion

sotb

Hi, Im currently trying to sort out a redtop conversion for my a series project. So far I have a 1.8 5 speed box, a coilpack redtop engine and all ancileries and electrics

I think I still need some manta b engine mounts, manta b inlet manifold, 1.8 manta sump so if anyone has any of these for sale I would appreciate it.

Also wondering if anyone could send me some pics if they have got a redtop fitted?

any help would be much appreciated.

New steel sumps are available from Yukspeed to fit the redtop for RWD use, and they're the same sort of money, if not a little less, than you'd pay for a Manta 1.8 alloy sump these days.

As for the inlet manifold, the 1.8 Manta only came with a carb, so if you're planning on injection then you'd need the setup from an Astra/Cavalier/Calibra redtop. Other options are a Yamaha R1 bike carb setup which a few people on here have done (with manifolds made by Bogg Bros) or a pair of sidedraught Webers or Dellortos, 40s or 45s are quite popular for these engines.

Thanks,, I just wanted pics to see where people put everything really. I have all the standard xe inlet manifold but I wasn't sure it would fit. But if it does then thats fine. What is so special about the rwd sump? is it necessary?

If I used bike or some other carbs would I need some kind of aftermarket ignition system cos im guessing the ecu would get very upset otherwise. what are the bhp gains with carbs? and at what cost to fuel economy?