A Series Rear Springs

Shug

Anyone got a pair lying around?

Have some clearance issues on my A on the rear wheels (13" with standard tyres!) and want to compare ride height on standard compared with lowering springs I have on (not sure they are right)

Are they standard Manta A wheels you've got with the original back axle? Only ask as my car runs a B back axle and it just clears, so a standard A axle shoud have plenty of room, unless your wheels have a different offset.

They're 6" wide ats wheels et30 with 185/70/13 on original axle. Lowered 30mm and the arches are sitting on the tyres. With 185/60/13 rostyles 5.5" (dunno offset) they sit inside the arch.

Edited by Shug

Shug

I ran 7.5 wide by 15inch with 195 X50 tyres and i am sure et was 25 on my A with lowered springs no problem. See if the sites on this link help:-

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/27709-off-set-and-wheel-dia-calculator/page__pid__195313#entry195313

by my reckoning that means my overall wheel diameter was 576mm compared to your 589mm, so that means your effective wheel diameter is 13mm more than mine. And my offset was 24mm further out than yours meaning you probably have a manta B back axle on your motor ( as my tyres sat nicely inside the arch).

Kev

Edited by upk

How wide is a b axle? Will measure mine. No reason to believe it is as car was off road since 94, have practically every reciept and service note and no mention of the axle. Not to say it wasn't swapped tho.

Tis all a bit weird...

Tyres need replaced anyway, so I suppose I could use 175 tyres and roll the rear arches.

Everytime I get closer to completion some stupid wee problem that consumes a ridiculous amount of time pops up :angry:

Hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs but, if you have the standard panhard rod on it will push the axel over to one side when you lower the car & i agree the clearence looks like you've got a manta B axel???? Hope you sort it out,

All the best, bhp......

Hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs but, if you have the standard panhard rod on it will push the axel over to one side when you lower the car & i agree the clearence looks like you've got a manta B axel???? Hope you sort it out,

All the best, bhp......

I did think on that, but its the same both sides.

Have a spare panhard rod but it got bent (digger mishap!) Might get it straightened and shortened. Any ideas how much shorter it needs to me? My trigonometrys a little rusty!

If you have an even wheel spacing on both sides (ie; both wheels rubbing the arches) then shortening the panhard rod will only push the axle even further into the n/s arch. I can take some measurements from my a axle if you want to check it, i'm running tsw 7.5 by 17 with 205/40 tyres, dont know the et sorry, there bloody close but dont touch or rub even with some enthusiastic(ahem) driving :thumbup