White 1985 Gt/e Coupe

Bogwart

Sadness has set in, due to ill health I have to sell my beloved car.

A 1985 reg. Manta GT/E Coupe in white. 2 litre CIH engine, only 63,000 miles from new. I have had the car since 2003 and am the 3rd owner.

Almost perfect, pro respray 2009, chassis rails rebuilt (both sides)by CRC 2010, front discs replaced and calipers refurbished by Big Red 2010.

All shocks replaced by Billies 'Road' type (NOT competition models), AVO -30mm Springs fitted. Four light headlamp conversion (Wipac/Cibie units in first class condition) within the last four years.

Stainless Steel PowerFlow exhaust, K&N air filter.

Car has one month MOT but will be sold with a full ticket. Taxed till end October 2011.

£100's spent over the last three years improving or maintaing the car for road & show use.

Valued by club at £4000, insurance valuation £3,500. Sale price £3000

Location of vehicle is Hinckley, West Leicestershire (just off M69).

Photo's will be added later for those who have a view to purchase.

(This car is well known to East Mids members)

CAR NOW SOLD - THIS AD CAN BE REMOVED - THANKS TO ALL

Edited by Bogwart

Sadness has set in, due to ill health I have to sell my beloved car.

A 1985 reg. Manta GT/E Coupe in white. 2 litre CIH engine, only 63,000 miles from new. I have had the car since 2003 and am the 3rd owner.

Almost perfect, pro respray 2009, chassis rails rebuilt (both sides)by CJC 2010, front discs replaced and calipers refurbished by Big Red 2010.

All shocks replaced by Billies 'Road' type (NOT competition models), AVO -30mm Springs fitted. Four light headlamp conversion (Wipac/Cibie units in first class condition) within the last four years.

Stainless Steel PowerFlow exhaust, K&N air filter.

Car has one month MOT but will be sold with a full ticket. Taxed till end October 2011.

£100's spent over the last three years improving or maintaing the car for road & show use.

Valued by club at £4000, insurance valuation £3,500. Sale price £3000

Location of vehicle is Hinckley, East Leicestershire (just off M69).

Photo's will be added later for those who have a view to purchase.

(This car is well known to East Mids members)

Good luck with the painful sale dude!

Always found a standard white GT/E ...(with twin headlights!rolleyes.gif) to be the best looking of any B series!

A sad day indeed. From a ride in the car a year or so back, it does go very well indeed too. I thought at the time the engine may have been breathed on a little.

Good luck with the sale George.

Cheers,

Joe.

Edited by Joe

Car has now been up on Joe's lift and pronounced sound in all areas - all normal problem points are clear and solid.

(Probably the best solid original I've seen - quoted Joe - without a Carlsberg!))

Local interest has arrived without the car having been advertsed by a near neighbour who tried to purchase a Manta in Scotland from Ebay. Having travelled from Leics north of the border he tells me it was a bag of rust and was left - 'Pity it wasn't like yours' he said - so subject to MOT (next Monday 18th) the car is provisionally sold.

All those who asked have received a full set of pics of car - paintwork, underbonnet, underfloor & interior.

If you have any serious intent please contact me if you are serious - but as I haven't had any feedback from you I can't refuse any firm offers. I'm not interested in tyre kickers and sightseers - the price is as quoted with a full MOT ticket so don't expect to knock a few hundred quid off!!

My thanks to those who looked at this ad.

Just to confirm what George said, we had a really good look around underneath the car on Monday and from what I could see (and I looked hard) it's certainly

very solid down there. Far better than some of the cack that's about.

a bargain I'm sure.

Can't believe I've not seen this around seeing as our workshop is about 3 inches from Hinckley!

There is a green GT/J coupe owned by an old school mate of mine and my white GT/J coupe, so thats 3 in hinckley which is not bad going... infact if you add the 3 others in our workshop, then Hinckley must be a UK Manta hotspot!!!

Hi Retro Power,

Well I don't often go north from Burbage, where I live, apart from the odd trip to C J Tallis bodyshop/restorations in Nutts Lane via the A5. Normal running is towards Rugby,Wolvey,Coventry, Leicester & Grantham.

The cars been in Burbage since 2003 and been run round a fair bit. If I visit Wykin its usaully in my other cars - and a Skoda wouldn't excite much attention..let alone the wifes Kia.

Must admit, I've only seen one other Manta in the area (that was in Earl Shilton), plus a Green '79 Cav saloon stuck in a garage for sale at a daft price!! (Middlefield Lane).

Hope to see you around in the future, but probably not in my Manta as it flew past its MOT today and is provisionally sold. If the interested party actually buys it, the car will remain in Burbage, as he lives two houses up the road from me!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This car is now back on the market due to the previous 'non' purchaser asking me to wait until the end of August when he would have the money available - which he has not been able to secure.

So once again - the car is up for club site only at £3000 - it will shortly be going in Practical Claaics, Auto-Trader and Petrol Heads for £3,500.

If anybody on this site requires more info & photos please email me on manta1250@gmail.com as I'm using my old 'puter which hasn't access to my photos for dislpay.

• 4 weeks later...

This car has now been sold - felt very sad as I watched it drive away.

I hope the new Owner (Paul) has as much enjoyment with the car as I did over my eight years of ownership.

My thanks to all who contacted me, and for those who missed the car - I hope you find what you are looking for.

For the Mods - This notice can be DELETED

Bogwart