Manta Gte Hatch Brake Pipe Locations

huw

Hi. Im at the stage to put my brake lines in, but i cannot remember where they route from which holes on the master cylinder to the rear proportioning valve, then from the valve to the rear. plumbed in close up pics of the proportioning valve an master cylinder would be good as i need to figure out which ones go where.

Thanks

Huw

Hi. thanks for the reply. the 3rd picture down with 13.55 underneath it, from the haynes manual, is the valve that I have. There are 4 inputs/outputs. I think the one underneath goes straight to the N/S/F, the one on the top i think goes to the master cylinder and i`m not sure where the 2 on the side goes. I also dont know which pipes match upto what on the master cylinder. Think the cylinder you have drawn is the early type.

Many thanks for your help though.

I will try and draw a pic so that someone can try and fill in the spaces.

Huw

Edited by huw

The one I've drawn is from a 82 manta b with 2.0e engine. It has four brakelines, two in and two out. And are iconnected as writen. I has it here so I can take a photo of it so you can see if It's the same as yours. IMAG0278.jpg

My car is left hand steered so the master cylinder is located directly above the pressure regulator. You can see on my photo that two lines are pointing toward the camera. Those two are connected to the master cylinder as written in my drawing. And the two other is one to rear circuit and one to the right wheel brake.

Found a picture where you can see how it's connected.

Bild093.jpg

Edited by Lundgren_85

Don`t think he`ll be able to see it as he`s not a paying member ,

(hence) sign up and all the info that you need is here , :thumbup

Kev

Didn't think of that Kev, to be honest I forgot about none members not being able to see all the items. :ph34r: Oh well not my loss.

I am fully paid up, just renewed my membership, and a happy member at that. Ive saved hundreds of £'s being a member.

Rob

dont partically want to sign up.

Hmm..

Didn't think of that Kev, to be honest I forgot about none members not being able to see all the items. :ph34r: Oh well not my loss.

I am fully paid up, just renewed my membership, and a happy member at that. Ive saved hundreds of £'s being a member.

Rob

I don`t think 15 / 25 pound is much to pay for a years membership to a car club ,

All the info you need is here , some people need to realize that . . :wacko:

Kev

• Like 1

Hmm..

I don`t think 15 / 25 pound is much to pay for a years membership to a car club ,

All the info you need is here , some people need to realize that . . :wacko:

Kev

And before anyone thinks the club members are elitists,thats far from the truth. I think we are just practical, and anyone even if not a club member, that is putting a vehicle that the club stands for back on the road, will get help from me in anyway I can without breaking the clubs constitution and rules. :thumbup

Now back to the post in question. I am close to putting my car brake lines (hopefully next week), the pipes are to length from a company "Automec" , taken from an 1984 GTE. I am willing to assist in location and postioning of the pipes if still required. My brake proportional valve is different to yours but still works of the same principal.

Edited by robah