Hi Im New Here

waite01

hello all im jack and have just recently taken the plunge and bought myself a 1973 A series 1.9 SR. i do not have a great deal of knowlede about the car but need to get learning as i have a fair sized project on my hands ( one has defffinately bitten off more than one could chew :S ) i noticed that the car had a owners club sticker in the window from the previous owner so thought i would join. i will get some pictures up of the car when i have a spare second so you can all admire how rusty it is :(

anyhow thats me just thought i would say my hello!!

hi chap, welcome to the club.

get some pics. all a series need work and most B's for that matter! i spent a whole year just replacing rust on my a series which is now in storage ready for stage 2 of its build when i get my new workshop built, all part of the fun haha

yeah i guess it is all part of the fun and to be honest i was expecting the work!! just waiting to tie up a few other loose projects and i can let the endless weekends of cutting welding and grinding begin!!

have got some pictures up now in the project section!

Edited by waite01

Hi Jack, welcome to the club, and good to see another A being saved :-) you've come to the right place, lots of help and knowledge on here. I'm sure a lot of people will be able to point you in the right direction for parts etc.. There are a few good places out there for bits if you know where to look. I think I have replace nearly every bush/bearing etc.. on mine over the last few years :-) and have found some good places to get bits.

I have a few links on my blog which might be of some use and will add more as I get time www.theopelproject.com

Andy