Cavalier Mk1 Passenger (Lh) Mirror

cavvymad

Two ways of doing it, either get hold of a screw on type that screws to the door outside, these were normally found on chevettes and kadettes, the second way is to find one on german ebay (ebay.de) that is the same as the drivers side, it will come with the mirror body and the cast alloy mount that bolts into the door frame.

My Ascona only had one on th edrivers side and I got my passengers side from a scrapyard in Greece while on holiday, the second option is the best as it is correct for the car.

If it's for a 4 door car, they were pretty rare in this country. The mirror won't be too much of an issue, but the mounting plate might be. If you're on German ebay, try looking for a 4 door Ascona one as the mounting plate on the Manta was different.

Does your car have the early or late type driver's mirror? The early ones have the chrome bracket.

Thanks for all the help guys, I think it must be the later type as it doesn't have a chrome mounting, it has a black alloy type fitting, found a few on German eBay, never thought about trying that. Thanks very much.