Xe Wiring Loom (Coil Pack)

®evo03

Anyone got one of these lying around, must be in good condition.

I coil pack xe fitted to manta, but there is a intermittent fault. cuts out, dead, cuts power to ecu.

Ive a code light fitted, just code 12 (code reading begins)

Have checked all earths, changed coil, AFM, crank sensor, cleaned ICV, fuel inj. relay. Ecu.

Thanks Mick, yes, First thing I tried, ive tried one from a mates car, and then bought a new one, just in case.

also tried coil, AFM, ECU, crank sensor. all from another car.

then bought a water temp ecu sensor (blue connector block) , and crank sensor as these are known faults.

had to swap back to old crank sensor, as new one had a code, cant remember think it was 15?

fitted old crank sensor, cleared ecu, (No codes stored)

It wont flash codes, but it is cutting out, and within half a second its dead. Ive tried the ecu overnight to remove any stored!

any advise welcome? but I think it is a wiring problem. (oh btw, car was running for a year, every day before this!

Edited by brady

Make sure the ecu is earthed and not touching metal, i had this problem and replaced everything. Cost me a fortune and i only realised when i seen a low glow from the rear tail light when dark. I pulled the ecu from the mount and saw a small spark. I replaced everything and got it all good then ripped it all apart and ran megajolt and carbs, still cant figure myself out on that lol. If you need any parts let me know as iv loads of new xe sensors and a nice dizzy loom.