Hello From Türkiye! 1971 Manta A 1.6 (68 Hp)

closek

Hello friends, im from Türkiye, 23 years old and just got a job :) i have Manta A 1971 so i think its time to start working on it since its my dream. You can see the car in pictures. It works well but its condition isnt that good.

I like classical cars, old is gold. I watch Supernatural serial and i love Dean's car theree :D its 1967 Impala. But i dont know if i can get my car's condition like that :( this is my problem. I wanna modify the motor and appearance, hard to decide which color and body-kit or etc. Or i dont even know if it worths to spend money on this car! I can spend about 6000 dollars on my car but i dont think i can find a good car-shop here.. Maybe i have to order accessories from other countries. Actually i am kinda confused so i want you to lead me.

Thats why i am asking for you guys' help. I would appreciate it. Many thanks :)

xkfm.jpg

lt2t.jpg

s6sd.jpg

cva6.jpg

xkfm.jpg

0kf5.jpg

n4hi.jpg

tz01.jpg

5418.jpg

a1of.jpg

st85.jpg

vhck.jpg

2iep.jpg

wq4.jpg

pj1x.jpg

5rat.jpg

lavd.jpg

0cm4.jpg

Edited by mantaray

Hi Closek, welcome to the forum.

Firstly make sure the Manta has not got any rust, if it is rust free then you do not have the problems we have in the United Kingdom (Britain) salt is put on the roads in winter to combat ice here, this makes cars rust badly.

You have posted a link to one photo of a rust hole but if this is the worst rust then you are lucky, most of us dream of finding Manta's in the UK with this small amount of rust.

The Manta looks low at the front, this could be broken front springs, they do brake on Manta's, if you have to repair the suspension you could fit better performance springs and dampers (shock absorbers)

Take a look at the gallery and projects section to get an idea of what can be done

Hi Closek,

There are some guys in Greece "OPEL PARTS GREECE" that use this forum and may be of beneficial use to you. Good luck with the project it seems to be a good base to start with.

I think the way forward with your car is what you want to do with it as it will be your drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Closek, welcome to the forum.

The Manta looks low at the front, this could be broken front springs, they do brake on Manta's, if you have to repair the suspension you could fit better performance springs and dampers (shock absorbers)

Take a look at the gallery and projects section to get an idea of what can be done

yeah it looks low at the front, its because of the owner before me... He did it like that because he wanted to protect car touching the ground while driving it in the field lol :D

how should a manta normally looks? low at the front, low at the rear or both same highness?

and the other thing i wanna ask, if it is possible to strengthening the engine? i wanna make wheelie with my car, i know its just my dream :D

excuse my english by the way : )

thanks a lot guys

Manta's should be same hight both ends. Better, performance springs can it lower but still should be same hight both ends.

Make the Manta wheelie? ( lift front wheels off the ground ) if you turned it into a drag race car with a huge engine and massive rear wheels then it might possible but that would cost a lot of money

But if you wanted to smoke the rear tires then there are alot of engines that can fitted to your Manta that would do that, some not hugely that expensive, just needs good work with spanners to get them to fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwZsZlIlnCE

Watch this vidoe of the Manta A in Sweden to see what can be done with, time,Money and lots of skill and knowledge.

There are other suggested video's on you-tube that will show you what can be done with Manta's, it all comes down to how much Money and Skill you have.