'69 Opel Rekord Sprint Newb

DadnLadRSprint

Nice project pretty rare car,this was the car on ebay recently?

Might also want to think of joining the autobahnstormers.Most parts for this car are most likely on german ebay.

Will get on there tomorrow. I've been checking out the German bay and I've seen a few posts pig people going over to Holland to collect parts

First things. First I'm looking for an electrical drawing for the 19h engine. Any idea where I'd find them?

Hi Lewis, welcome to our forum.

the Commodore GSE in the Suffolk County Manta's website belongs to my friend Simon Downs, and i have spent a large amount of time helping with this car so i know a bit about these type of cars but nowhere near as much as Simon who has all but become the UK authourity on Commodore A's ( and hence related models)

i am helping Simon move an engine tomorrow so i will get permission to mail you his contact details,I'm sure he'll be delighted to 'discover' another Commy/Rekord owner

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotta say that I'm pretty jealous of you restoring the Rekord.....I'm sure I saw it on Ebay and was very tempted but it would have been a choice between Rekord or wife..... not an easy choice by any means but I went with the wife for the sake of harmony!! Good luck with the restoration and keep the pics coming!! Dave.

• 2 months later...

Hi Lewis & Martin,

Glad it went to a good home :) - I was watching this on EBay and would have bought it if I thought I could have got away with it - One Cool project B) !

If you need any support/advice, feel free to get in touch. I know of a few other people with these cars and also have contact details for suppliers on the continent.

I intend to have my Commodore at Billing this year, but would be happy to have you visit and show you beforehand if you would like.

I know of 4 other owner in the UK with Rekords/Commie's and now there's a fifth or should that be sixth with your Dad :D !

Cheers for now,

Simon.

Edited by Stonymanta

• 1 month later...

I've gotta say that I'm pretty jealous of you restoring the Rekord.....I'm sure I saw it on Ebay and was very tempted but it would have been a choice between Rekord or wife..... not an easy choice by any means but I went with the wife for the sake of harmony!! Good luck with the restoration and keep the pics coming!! Dave.

Ha well I think mum has kept her opinions to her self so far but this one wasnt going to slip through our fingers.

Dad as a small history with Rekords 15 years ago he had 2 that he bought but they werent road worthy, so a lovely neighbor called the council to get them removed.

And here we are ready to rock it again.

Hi Lewis & Martin,

Glad it went to a good home :) - I was watching this on EBay and would have bought it if I thought I could have got away with it - One Cool project B) !

If you need any support/advice, feel free to get in touch. I know of a few other people with these cars and also have contact details for suppliers on the continent.

I intend to have my Commodore at Billing this year, but would be happy to have you visit and show you beforehand if you would like.

I know of 4 other owner in the UK with Rekords/Commie's and now there's a fifth or should that be sixth with your Dad :D !

Cheers for now,

Simon.

Sorry its been a while Si ive just replied to your PM