STRANGE NOISE

Julian

I'm getting some strange noises from the front end of my 1977 Cavy!! I have never ever heard this type of noise before, It only happens when I am turning into a parking space, or reversing out of small space, such as between two vehicles, moving very slow, and putting a lock on either Right Hand or Left Hand, it seems to be coming from the O/S/F wheel, but I have jacked the car up, it's not a wheel bearing, Oh just remembered if I put pressure on top of that side wing to bounce the suspension, I can hear it then, It is not a metallic noise, more like a groaning sound , job to explain really. so I thought that one of you guys might have had it and solved it, and will save me having to crawl around in this damp cold weather!! I would be chuffed to bits if someone has any ideas.

You must be right mate, because the noise is like the sole of a rubber boot being ground into wet concrete, sounds a stupid description I know, but that is what it sounds like!! I did a quick glance over the suspension, but saw nothing, I was cold and wet and only had a torch, but now I will do a proper inspection!! Many thanks Mate, I will keep you posted.  By the way one of my brothers has just moved to Queensland.

Could be a bolt rusted into the center sleave of a bush and now the rubber and outer case are turning, be hard to see if its the lower arm.

Check the damper, they can come slightly loose then creak and groan all the time.

Edited by MANTAMAN

6 hours ago, Julian said:

You must be right mate, because the noise is like the sole of a rubber boot being ground into wet concrete, sounds a stupid description I know, but that is what it sounds like!! I did a quick glance over the suspension, but saw nothing, I was cold and wet and only had a torch, but now I will do a proper inspection!! Many thanks Mate, I will keep you posted.  By the way one of my brothers has just moved to Queensland.

Hopefully its an easy bush to replace like the swaybar ones or Shockie top / bottom mount, not one of the ones you have to heat, drill, bash...or nuke to get out !

Never been to Queensland!...would love to go, lots to see and do, but unfortunately its a hell of a lot cheaper to go overseas than interstate from Perth!