GENERAL ?

steve price

me,,steve price,was a fully paid up member 2008 to this year,didnt re-new ,id like to ask,why cant non paid up members read posts such as manta in decline,what that gotta do wi being paid up or not?where can us/me non paid members actually read?,,i allways thought there was a members only section,but the rest was open for anyone who loves this iconic mark to peruse,if anyone can advise me/correct me id appreciate the feedback,

steve

The manta in decline post you mention is in "Parts For Sale" and if I remember corectly this section is open to members only for 2 weeks from posting. It is then open to non members. This was to give paid up members first chance on any sale itams.

oh i see,then is the post in the wrong section then?,by the title you would think that it being manta in decline that i would benefit all to read no,its not as if its a 1 owner starmist gte exc coupe 30,000 and omoc members have first chance of it sorta thing adv is it,or a part thats on sale to omoc members first,its general manta in decline general read?im not trying to be a twat or nothing but thats my opinion on that thread with that title,i would like to read whats its about though and have posed the question to rab as well

This is a problem that we seem to get. Firstly the post was in the wrong place, it probably should've been in General discussion (the person who posted it doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on how forums work). That section is members only too. The club website and forum is paid for by the club out of members subs. The balance of how much access the club allows to non-members is a difficult one. You have decided Steve for whatever reason not to re-join the club, yet you still seem to want some benefit from it. I had something similar a while back, a former member wanted me to provide a dating letter for his car for free. This is a service I provide free for club members, alongside insurance valuations, but charge non-members for. Should I have done the letter for him for nothing? If we do everything for everyone at no charge, why should anyone pay their membership?

The forum doesn't have a general discussion area that is open to all (hence you having to put this post in saying hello and welcome), maybe it should do. There are members who would like to see the whole forum members only, and others who would like to see it all open to all. I personally think the balance is maybe about right at the moment.

If you could read more of the forum as a non-member Steve would it encourage you to rejoin the OMOC?

Edited by 1900SR
correcting typo
  • Like 3

and i totally agree with you,its purely a matter of being posted in wrong area,i get that,but omoc do have moderators who can put the subject in the right place,,i didnt pay my subs this year, but thats not to say i wont,as i dont have a car presently but,,im still intrested in the forum and the cars,and most members,this club is dying on its feet i think,especially wi the f.b thing,which i can go on ?,,,anyways im ageed that i avnt paid and thus not entitled to a lot of omoc,net work,but play fair guys ordinary topics should be there 4 all to read,,,as for paying up this year,well thats unlikely,,people who know me will know i had a few issues last year with lets say the hiarachy cant spell it but you get the gist no

steve

Edited by steve price

If the post was in the correct area a non-member would still not be able to read it though. And FYI it was basically (I think) a post saying too many people are breaking Mantas that could be saved  and overpricing parts. It then went on to say what a hard job he was having finding parts that he needs. Make of that what you will.

Where it was posted a non-member would've been able to read it after 14 days when it became public, if it had been in the General Discussions area it would have been forever hidden.

I've just noticed the OP isn't a club member either, so couldn't put the post in the correct place. Maybe we do need a "Coffee Bar" type area open to all for general chat.

Edited by 1900SR
Further info
  • Like 1

Imantas in declining easy , cash profet cash profet, cash come first weening and dealing, then strip chop, chop, stri, its a bisiness, now not a collector peice, for must people, but not all.but there are a lot of wont to buy to strip not to repair, yhis icon.cash, and dodge pots , but the honnest ones , get to pay the price, of th3 dodge potts, not bothered about saving, only bothered qbout stripping and chopping.these day.and that the truth in my eyes.but not everybody.

so,just to clarify as this threads run its course,the post in question was posted by a user, like my self?,but in members section.for paid ups to read?,well thats makes a load of sense then?not,anyways,general chat bar/coffee shop sounds a good option for non paid ups like me?,,, dont get me wrong im chomping at the bit to have another manta,but just for now that would probably mean a divorce for me as i put her through the manta thing 4 times in total,twice when we first got married,and twice recently,,,,,i can tell you a lil while back i just missed out on helens i200 B580OEA,,i was a lil hesitant,was there in my grasp,then gone,my loss folks 

Picture 057.jpgSDC13487.JPG

Edited by steve price

think you missed the point butt,why would a non paid up member wana post in the members section,,does that mean he cant read his own post??????????????,,no cos he can? dur im missing the point myself,thank f--k i didnt waste my money tbh,,,,its a trivial post anyway as you explained earlier,anyway threads done,i appreciate yr input though

steve

2 minutes ago, steve price said:

think you missed the point butt,why would a non paid up member wana post in the members section,,does that mean he cant read his own post??????????????,,no cos he can? dur im missing the point myself,thank f--k i didnt waste my money tbh,,,,its a trivial post anyway as you explained earlier,anyway threads done,i appreciate yr input though

steve

You will have to ask the original poster why he posted in that section. I think that it was because he was talking about parts for sale in general, and so started his thread in "parts for sale"

A non member can post in the "parts for sale" section, and see it them selves so that they can reply to any questions.

Other non members can't see posts in this section for 2 weeks, allowing members frist dibs on any parts.

Seems straght follward to me, don't understand your problem with this.

steve

the thread was manta in decline?,so i wanted to read it as in my mind its a general sorta question/thread,how would i or any other non member know if it was about parts or not.?getting to bore the f--k out of me now,i think you know what im getting at,and just shutting up shop as is allways the case on here,thats why this site is on the decline,im not dull or nothing you know

steve

The original poster was Philip1971. Read his post in this thread and you might have a better idea of why he posted where he did. As I said in my earlier post, he doesn't seem to have much of a grasp of how forums work.

For sale posts are actually restricted to members to read for 7 days, not 14 as I thought earlier. Non-members can post in the for sale section so that they can advertise their parts for free. For the first seven days the post will only be seen by themselves, and members, after this it can be seen by all. So by this time next week you'll be able to see the post by Philip1971.

I don't get what you mean by "shutting up shop", both Mantaray and myself have been trying to answer your question.

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1

On 08/10/2016 at 23:18, steve price said:

me,,steve price,was a fully paid up member 2008 to this year,didnt re-new ,id like to ask,why cant non paid up members read posts such as manta in decline,what that gotta do wi being paid up or not?where can us/me non paid members actually read?,,i allways thought there was a members only section,but the rest was open for anyone who loves this iconic mark to peruse,if anyone can advise me/correct me id appreciate the feedback,

steve

Reading the post is one thing, understanding it would be a whole different ball game. I think the gist of it is that someone is unhappy that people have stopped giving away Mantas and parts for nothing.

• Like 2