Broken Fule Pipe on petrol Tank

Mantapanda86

Yesterday i was searching for a leak on my manta b cc tank and found that one of the pipes was leaking. So i tighten the clamp on it and it broke (see picture).

Now my question is, is this pipe important at all or just one of a few ventilation pipes.

The one that broke is the one on the right flat side of the tank.

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Before: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jux34lFjXTx3BfSl86dCh71pIXUBmV8l/view?usp=sharing

After: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zGPFWKEGnldprBPuvOi-98q0iALd6GqM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Mantapanda86

Pipes for ventilation, therefore it is important, stops tank expansion when hot etc. 

You cant weld it,  braise, or solder it but there is another way, would be better dropping the tank, if one breaks, others would be questionable?

Q? Why did you take a photo before it broke? 

• Like 1

to be honest although its one of the vent pipes( and obviously placed there for a reason) there are other vent pipes higher up on the tank and on the neck .if your tank is not leaking and you havnt got a replacement or dont fancy a tank refurb/ renew coating etc then personally i would blank the rubber pipe or take it back to the t piece and check all the other stubs for security .

the rubber pipes do get brittle with age especially the ones up the neck and at the top so have a good check.

then use jb weld on the broken stub to seal it off.DO NOT  attempt anything else such as soldering ,welding etc but i think you probably know that !

obviously as others have said there is a chance the other stubs could be at the point of failure and you would be almost guaranteed to find further rust or holes under the tank holding straps if you remove it.

these tanks are very rare now and hard to find new or used