Front and rear shocks

hoobby

Looking at replacing front and rear shocks need to be gas but just want standard type not performance if still available have had a look on eBay but as usual get conflicting information has anyone got the original part number or something I can cross reference with?.

88 exclusive coupe

Edited by hoobby

hi.

hi mr hooby.

all i will say is be carefull what you buy.

im a mk1 cav man myself and they were quite softly sprung and damped from new .the manta ( if not a gte ) will be of a similar idea. i love the feeling and ride from the standard setup and its suprising how aftermarked shocks ,even boge or sachs seem a lot stiffer than the originals were resulting in a ruined ride quality .( in my opinion) i have got original gm ones on mine (nos) and did try some boge standard ones but only had them on for 1 week !

it obviously depends on what you are after and if a slightly firmer ride is acceptable to you then maybee sachs or boges will be fine.theyre not stupidly expensive anyway and obviously easy fitting .

dont mean to stick my nose in just thought id let you know what i found. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1