A series Breaking

• 1 month later...
On 13/10/2021 at 11:56, Mickfrad said:

All I have also seen this car for breaking on Facebook marketplace, has anyone had any parts or knows the seller?   I understand that he also had a complete shell / Project  car which was sold on Ebay a few weeks ago, which I think went for about 3 grand

I was just wondering if it would be worth taking a look at this as a source for some of my missing parts.  Any comments welcome, thanks  Richard

A series breaking.JPG

• 2 months later...

All, this one is back on face-ache and Ebay I believe.

I went to have a look at this last year and it had already been heavily stripped of any useful parts, I understand it was someone's spares car and had sat under a tree for years. I tried to put a deal together for the bits I wanted - Windscreen, steering wheel and a couple of other smaller bits but the seller's business partner had some unrealistic ideas about what things were worth.  He wanted £300 for the screen and I would have to remove it myself!   I new one from Pilkingtons starts at £350 so I passed on that one.  It was slightly complicated by the fact that it was jointly owned by two guys, one of them was fairly reasonable and realistic and the other thought everything was made out of diamonds or something 🤑

Just in case anyone else wanted some bits and pieces from this car, I will give a quick summary of what I saw & noted down - There are no headlights or front grilles left, no rear axle, no side windows or side trim sets (one of the main bits I was looking for), Bonnet and Front wings are scrap and the interior is no good either.  You might be able to salvage some of the front suspension and a few other bits and pieces but not much more to be honest.    I do remember there being two centre consoles in black, and a set of rear lights but not much else inside stood out as being worth keeping.  The engine wasn't seized and there was a gearbox and some other sundries under the bonnet, but I don't think any of these bits are especially sought after or in demand.

The last conversation I had with the seller (the reasonable guy) was this is going to be scrapped and if I wanted anything to make him an offer for what I wanted.

Lastly, whatever you want you will have to take it off yourself so not sure there is much chance of getting stuff posted out if you live miles away.  My last visit I left empty handed after wasting half a day and half a tank of juice getting up there and back, despite having the pound notes in my pocket and the tools in the car I left empty handed.   A bit of a reverse Tyre-kicker situation......

I just hope this helps, if anyone else was looking at this as a source of parts.  If I do put a deal together and there are any parts that someone needs I am fine to help out if I can, just let me know and I will take a look and collect on your behalf if that would help another Manta owner

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Richard33 said:

All, this one is back on face-ache and Ebay I believe.

I went to have a look at this last year and it had already been heavily stripped of any useful parts, I understand it was someone's spares car and had sat under a tree for years. I tried to put a deal together for the bits I wanted - Windscreen, steering wheel and a couple of other smaller bits but the seller's business partner had some unrealistic ideas about what things were worth.  He wanted £300 for the screen and I would have to remove it myself!   I new one from Pilkingtons starts at £350 so I passed on that one.  It was slightly complicated by the fact that it was jointly owned by two guys, one of them was fairly reasonable and realistic and the other thought everything was made out of diamonds or something 🤑

Just in case anyone else wanted some bits and pieces from this car, I will give a quick summary of what I saw & noted down - There are no headlights or front grilles left, no rear axle, no side windows or side trim sets (one of the main bits I was looking for), Bonnet and Front wings are scrap and the interior is no good either.  You might be able to salvage some of the front suspension and a few other bits and pieces but not much more to be honest.    I do remember there being two centre consoles in black, and a set of rear lights but not much else inside stood out as being worth keeping.  The engine wasn't seized and there was a gearbox and some other sundries under the bonnet, but I don't think any of these bits are especially sought after or in demand.

The last conversation I had with the seller (the reasonable guy) was this is going to be scrapped and if I wanted anything to make him an offer for what I wanted.

Lastly, whatever you want you will have to take it off yourself so not sure there is much chance of getting stuff posted out if you live miles away.  My last visit I left empty handed after wasting half a day and half a tank of juice getting up there and back, despite having the pound notes in my pocket and the tools in the car I left empty handed.   A bit of a reverse Tyre-kicker situation......

I just hope this helps, if anyone else was looking at this as a source of parts.  If I do put a deal together and there are any parts that someone needs I am fine to help out if I can, just let me know and I will take a look and collect on your behalf if that would help another Manta owner

Hey Richard

How are things? I still have some of those trim parts for you!

Did you manage to get a full list of parts that you need for the car? If you did it might be worth setting up a post and listing them to see what people can help with.

Andy