manta progress update 2

old door pillar removed and new one mateing up into place not welded yet as i need to tweek the position of to get it just right

mantaprogress004Small.jpg

mantaprogress003Small.jpg

mantaprogress002Small.jpg

mantaprogress001Small.jpg

which reminds i need to send paulmanta some money i completely forgot ill get some on the way to ya

Every day is a track day

Now that is what I call inspiration.

AND it also shows just how much use can be made of parts from an old Manta instead of just ebaying the rear lights and centre console.

Good to see your progress on that DiZcO, and well done to Paul for coming to your rescue, i got the impression you were despairing a little.

A good lesson to us all there i think, well to me certainly.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

looking better

DSC00162.jpg

welding tidied up

DSC00163.jpg

wing back on

DSC00164.jpg

strong as an ox now wing and door mate up nicely little adjustment needed tbh it seems to have gone on first time , and yes it does go to show doesnt it,i was at one point going to give up and break it but now its coming back together

Every day is a track day

yea decided that if i was going to do it then it should be done right its seam welded virtually the entire way round the pillar as i thought it would be stronger i have also re-inforced it from the inside of the inner wing double plated and strong as an ox!! took a rather hefty hammer to it and its well solid,panel is a liitle bit out but nothing i cant cure its just making the wing bulge out a bit so the line is a little off buts as i said i can fix that,door opens and shuts ok (phew) so yes i am very proud tbh

Every day is a track day