Rear fog light relay query

JonnyD

Hi all. My rear fog light (the hanging down off the bracket type) is not working. Wondering if you can help me source one of the relays as in the images attached. I believe this to be my rear fog light relay. All replacement three pin ones I can find are flashers and I don’t want my rear fog light on the dash or light to be flashing when I’m use. would this relay be put back or replaced by previous owner in error?

any help appreciated 

e2b469a3-9bdc-4c58-ad2a-a4e17ea1a2bb.jpeg

fd7244a4-dc40-416b-a487-d71a94a12be2.jpeg

Thats not a fog light relay, thats the door open buzzer on a later car from memory.

The rear fog light doen't have a relay, just the switch in the dash. If its not working start with the bulb, then the earth connection at the lamp (some of them earth to the bumper bracket and that goes rusty over time). Then the switch and fuses.

• Thanks 1

Does it buzz when you have the lights on and open the drivers door? Assuming your interior light actually comes on in that situation and the door sensor switch isn't iffy.

there is no relay. the power runs straight from the fog lamp switch above the light switch. if you have live to this ( with main lights on) then you should have a live coming out .the other wire is the earth for the switch illumination. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...