Jump to content

Cold air intake?

Recommended Posts

I’m guessing the part circled has a proper name/part number?  Alas mine has split, and whilst gaffer tape fixes all - it doesn’t look right.  Can someone give me a clue what I should be looking for, it’s the 1.8 OHC engine, on an ‘88.


  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s just the aluminium covered ducting mate? 
I got some new from one of the car restorer sites, have the catalogue in my car boot so will get it later for you, but https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285483495528 is what your looking for too, just can’t remember the exact size. I seem to recall it been in between those numbers. 

The non black stuff is pretty easy to find in the right diameter, as fitted to the VW air cooled engines. 




  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...