Black Beast....

MANTAMAN

Well not a beast really as its still running a wheezy 1.8 with a carb, but i reckon it looks good [:D]

So far the only things ive managed to do are lower it, polybush the front roll bar and fit some spax shocks.

I have a full grey interior to go in and i plan to fit injection at some point.

Im not going to go the XE route as everybody seems to do that, for the moment it will stay as a 1.8.

Eventually i would like to realise my dream of having a blown V8 under the bonnet but thats a long long way down the road...[;)]

picture3980vr.jpg

picture396jpgsmall8ut.jpg

Arrived...1.8 berlinetta coupe...along with that old pain in my wallet...must be coincidence....

Black Manta's with black centered wheels always look good,had one like that myself,looked well sinister!

If you go fuel injection on an 8 valve find a 1.8 Carlton on a scrap yard as that has a fuel injection system with the intake pipe bending the right way to have the airflow meter on the inner wing,the 2.0 Carltons have differant conections i think,you'll have to have a nose around,always fun in scrap yard.

You could even go to a 2.0L SEH 8 valve as fitted to SRI Cavaliers,with a bit of work they can give 150bhp on injection,as much as an XE with more torque and no problems sighting the distributor.

South Midz Manta Bitz

Selling all sorts of parts for your Manta,we dont know exactly what we have got,but there's so much we probably have what you want!surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

A MANTAMAN/ 'DEL BOY' Enterprize

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds and North Bucks,and now with added Hertfordshire!

quote:Originally posted by Devil Fish

burn't orange interior aswell...beautiful[^]

id="quote">id="quote">

Gotta love those retro colour schemes [:D][;)]

Well today found a bit of a problem...

I knew there was a hole in the passenger footwell the size of a 50p coin, so got up today nice and early to get done what i thought was an hours work.

On closer prodding with the corrosion detection tool (screwdriver to you and me...), i found that the hole grew slightly larger...not that im surprised mind, i own a manta!

So i had to spend the most of today sorting it out!

The hole started orver to the left where you can see daylight...and yes that is the top of the jacking point you can see there[:P]

picture402jpgsmall3aj.jpg

Thankfully its all solid and treated now with some 3mm plate!

Arrived...1.8 berlinetta coupe...along with that old pain in my wallet...must be coincidence....

quote:Originally posted by MANTAMAN

Black Manta's with black centered wheels always look good,had one like that myself,looked well sinister!

id="quote">id="quote">

Got to agree there - I have thought about painting my wheels as per the black centres of the Exclusive, might just do it yet.

David OMOC Member 420

http://www.mantamad.fsnet.co.uk

sig%20gte.jpg

The wheels have a 3 inch dish and i would have polished the actual dish as well but three of my friends have wheels in that kind of scheme, now my old dear has just got 17" wolfrace wheels the same, so wanting to be different i just polished the outer lip!

My first Manta was a light blue/green gte hatchback and had the usual five-spokes which i hated, so to make them look different i painted the flat inbetween the spokes black to make the spokes look thinner.

Didnt look too bad and up to this day ive never seen another manta wheel painted the same way!