fire wall for fuel tank

huw

hi,

got a manta hatch. have an aluminium fuel tank to put in rear where the back seats were. does any one know if i must build a fire wall around it because its eposed to the front passenger and driver. need to know for MOT purposes.

here`s a pic of where its gonna sit.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

No you don't need it boxed in for an MOT

But if it is going to be a stage rally car then you do need it boxed, to seperate it from the drivers compartment.

Does your tank have an external filler?

Otherwise its going to be a pain at filling up time.

yes it`s an external filler but thinking of a way of routing it to the side window like touring car. havent figured it out yet but need to find out if thas legal lol. got loads of other pics if u wanna look, ill make a new thread

Had a quick look at my tank, although its in the boot, its not sealed off to the passenger compartment, so not different to yours, except yours is closer to the driver...just need to ensure you use an external filler and any breathers vent to the outside...is that a rollcage I see in the picture..home brewed?