Opinions On Quaife Lsd For Manta B?

CRAZYDAVE

Like Spewy said Quaife ok for road use but not rally/ drift/ track or even aggressive road use really

I'm another vote for a Gripper diff :thumbup

Had one in the back of my 16v coupe since jan and very happy with it B)

I actually went direct to the manufacturer and was very impressed with the design and construction of it

Plus the almost infinate different ways it can be assembled to perform just as you require for your car.

Spares are also available off the shelf (as the internals are a standard design across their range) which is nice.

Hi

I'd suggest the Gripper plate LSD which is available for both thicknesses of CWP and can be set up to suit your needs.

I can supply for £720.00 (Retail £747.50) plus P&P.

Regards

Tim

Cheers tim this is on my list so i'll give you a shout when the time comes! :) Just out of interest what is the final drive on one of these?

Cheers tim this is on my list so i'll give you a shout when the time comes! :) Just out of interest what is the final drive on one of these?

The diff comes without a crownwheel and you can either fit the set that is already in your axle, or purchase a lower/higher set first and fit that.

The 3.44 crownwheel+pinion found in the later Manta B GT/e axle is thicker than all the others out there

It requires the mounting flange to be 6mm(from memory) further away from the centre line of the diff.

Hence why there are 2 options available from Gripper

Of course there's nothing stopping you from getting the diff for the 3.44 and then getting a spacer made to allow you to run the 3.67 or lower gears

But you might find it hard to get the longer bolts required in a good high tensile rating.

The diff comes without a crownwheel and you can either fit the set that is already in your axle, or purchase a lower/higher set first and fit that.

The 3.44 crownwheel+pinion found in the later Manta B GT/e axle is thicker than all the others out there

It requires the mounting flange to be 6mm(from memory) further away from the centre line of the diff.

Hence why there are 2 options available from Gripper

Of course there's nothing stopping you from getting the diff for the 3.44 and then getting a spacer made to allow you to run the 3.67 or lower gears

But you might find it hard to get the longer bolts required in a good high tensile rating.

Cheers mate some handy info there. I was thinking 3.69 as i have one there from a 1600 :)

Diff ratio depends what engine you're running and what sort of driving you do/performance you want.

The 3.69 is better on acceleration but looses out on top end speed

It also looses a bit of fuel economy on motorways as the revs will be higher for a given speed.

If your going for the big V8 engine i'd probably go for the 3.44 diff as it'll have plenty of grunt to pull it