Rc Body Shell

E60 VBU

The shop was Otley Modelsport but they no longer have a supply of the manta B shells

They were made by Carson but are no longer manufactured :(

But just looking on their website they do now stock Manta A shells HERE

Now should i get one to go along with my Manta B Rc car??????

Or would that just make me want a real Manta A to match it :ph34r:

E-Bay Manta 400 shell £35 + £17 postage to UK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120476384747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Item re listed, previous list No 120476384747 the seller does other shells as well.

Hope of some use.

Thats very very cool :)

Looking at his other auctions he has some wide body mantas shells but they a very wide shells

My 1/10th scale tamiya chassis is only 190mm wide (standard touring car style)

The other shells are 240mm wide so would suit an off road buggy style chassis more

I wonder how many of them will be at billing next year B)

Edited by mantasrme

I wonder how many of them will be at billing next year

More to the point Dave is..............will it win anything in the concourse ! :lol::P

Probably wont be long before there are more R/C Mantas than the real thing :(

Next question!

anyone know anything about RC cars to point me in the right direction as I don't have a clue!

don't want to get ripped off spending money on a load of pants! (would like a nitro car I think cause it just sounds better!) , who the best supplier to use, what kit etc

Tom

i am not an expert by any means but you would most likely find a good quality electric car as a less intricate bit of kit to run than a nitro one , at least as an introduction , maybe worth looking at one of the hpi kits which are ready to run out of the box , they do both nitro & electric , there site- http://www.hpiracing.com/home/ have a gander and see what floats yer boat as it were :thumbup

Yep Hpi are good.

I have a Kyosho nitro one which i built from scratch from that nitro racer series so you even had to build the front and rear diffs up.

The only real difference between electric and nitro is the motors so it is personal preference.

Thou i did start with a electric one first.

As for them body shells i need a 220mm wide shell so the A at 190mm id a bit narrow.

Best get down your local Model Shop and if any good you should get top notch info,also find where your local if there is one R/C club,you will usually find like us lot here they are a friendly lot owe folks and only to glad to give out advice.

Be aware its not that cheap awe hobby,would gang electric first and kin jist be as fast und sare when it clangs aff yur ankle :D

Picked up the shell today so went straight to my local model shop for some advice.......useless! Basically they say they sell nothing that would fit it so couldn't help :(

cant find anything searching on the web that would seem to fit either, 240ish wide & 270ish wheel base - not sure its the one I thought id bought but its here now! any ideas?

Tom

Picked up the shell today so went straight to my local model shop for some advice.......useless! Basically they say they sell nothing that would fit it so couldn't help :(

cant find anything searching on the web that would seem to fit either, 240ish wide & 270ish wheel base - not sure its the one I thought id bought but its here now! any ideas?

Tom

Whit scale is it 1/10? Aye 2nd gang oot and find awe GID model shop. Look up wonderland Model Edinburgh fur R/C stuff or Google Radio Control yul git pages und pages.

Hiv yae done any modeling in past as unless awe bought kit yae hiv tae gang doon thi scratch built root which can bi fun. At the mo just adding some strength to the shell awe got afore it boonces aff awe few kerb or waws.

Even jist gangin intae yur local RS Mcolls yull git many a good Mag on R/C Modeling and hunders owe parts tae buy, hope yur pockets are deepish :D

cheers thi noo rab.

Best owe luck wi yur 4x4 Manta wull bi the DOG`S D.....`S when complete.

Jist mind when up and running it wull be quick!! and can also disappear oot owe sight very quickly if yur running it awe gid bit aff yae und some joker wants it und runs aff wi it.Jist awe smaw warning as happened up here.

Patients when constructing will pay dividends to the final R/C model.

Hiv fun rab.