C20Xe Rwd Exhaust Manifold, Exhaust And Big Wing Sump

Mantaboy83

Hi folks,

It's with great regret that I am going to be breaking my Manta for bits.

How much would I get for the RWD exhaust manifold (steel)

And I have a brand new stainless steel mid section I had made (by Zero Exhausts - Ashford) which clears the gearbox mount perfectly.

There's also a steel mid box and over-diff section and Scorpion stainless backbox.

Big wing alloy sump too.

Ideas on prices for these items would be grateful.

Cheers,

Tom.

I suppose I could put all the bits on ebay but I'd much rather sell them through this website so they go to other Manta enthusiasts thumbsup.gif

When I get round to stripping it I'll post up pics on here.

I've also got a Manta 1.8 gearbox that needs a little refurbishing. Is £50 a fair price?

I suppose I could put all the bits on ebay but I'd much rather sell them through this website so they go to other Manta enthusiasts

When I get round to stripping it I'll post up pics on here.

I've also got a Manta 1.8 gearbox that needs a little refurbishing. Is £50 a fair price?

the 1.8 gearbox even needing a bit of work is worth £150 all day long

Edited by lepo5

the 1.8 gearbox even needing a bit of work is worth £150 all day long

Sort of, there is a difference between what people are willing to pay for something and what it is actually worth though ;)

I cannot get my head around people paying that sort of money for bits :blink:

There was a sump sold on e-bay for £230 a couple of weeks back, but generally they fetch 150-175 (i presume the £230 was 2 desperate people with too much money pushing the price up)

Gearboxes haven't seen them over £150 yet but as they get harder to find the price will increase.

Although its getting close to the price of a new bellhousing and a ford gearbox, which a lot of the rally boys prefer.

Sort of, there is a difference between what people are willing to pay for something and what it is actually worth though ;)

I cannot get my head around people paying that sort of money for bits :blink:

There was a sump sold on e-bay for £230 a couple of weeks back, but generally they fetch 150-175 (i presume the £230 was 2 desperate people with too much money pushing the price up)

Gearboxes haven't seen them over £150 yet but as they get harder to find the price will increase.

Although its getting close to the price of a new bellhousing and a ford gearbox, which a lot of the rally boys prefer.

I must have missed that one with the sump that went for £230 :blink: but then if you look at what a certain person in Northern Irerland was asking for when he sold off a lot of gearboxes and sumps for? the £150 price is not too far off

Ok so there are a few options open to me with regard to selling my parts.

Sump: Putting it on ebay sounds like the best option with a reserve of £100?

Gearbox: The reason i suggested selling it for £50 is I know it needs work. Here's a link to my old tech thread on the matter:

http://forums.mantaclub.org/topic/23143-what-other-gearboxes-fit-mantas/

Maybe putting in on good old ebay with a £50 reserve is the best option?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks!

Regarding the parts listed in this thread all are still attached to my Manta as I have not got round to stripping it yet. When I start the stripping process I will let you know on here and post up picks of the parts for sale if necessary.

Cheers,

Tom

• 9 months later...

Hello folks!

Regarding the parts listed in this thread all are still attached to my Manta as I have not got round to stripping it yet. When I start the stripping process I will let you know on here and post up picks of the parts for sale if necessary.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey as you may have already seen I am now selling the car as a whole. I really did not want to part with her but circumstances have forced me to. Sorry but I do not have the time to strip her of the parts mentioned in this ad. Would rather her go whole as am moving house. House only been on the market 48hrs and already got 2 people chomping at the bit to view it. Once sold I will not have the driveway for Eleanor (my Manta)