Carlton 2.2 Cih Engine Or Head Wanted

fanta manta

I have a complete 2.2 engine, looms, rad, inlet, downpipe, etc taken from a 65k mile car.

I drove it 80miles back home as it was T&T'd, she didn't miss a beat, no smoke on start up or running and demonstrated good oil pressure throughout.

I'm after £250 ono, drop me a PM if you're interested.

I have a complete 2.2 engine, looms, rad, inlet, downpipe, etc taken from a 65k mile car.

I drove it 80miles back home as it was T&T'd, she didn't miss a beat, no smoke on start up or running and demonstrated good oil pressure throughout.

I'm always amazed with what you have tucked away :D

where in country are you ? cheers

I'm always amazed with what you have tucked away :D

I guess i'm a bit like a squirrel, tucking things away in case they're needed for another day.

where in country are you ? cheers

Located 5mins off the A1 near Newark, though the engine is hidden in my squirrel store about 10mins from my house :)

I bought my Roller rockers from Catcams, just haven't had a chance to fit them yet!!!!!

:(

Be aware that the roller rockers from catcams (made by crane) do have a tendancy to spit out the short push rod at around the 7000 rpm mark due to the bad rocker geometry. This can result in nothing happening to engine detonation....not good if you have an expensive race motor.

I am in the process of trying to manufacture a copy set of roller rockers originally produced by Bob Legere off the opel gt website. Need to get into the material specs and get hardness testing done on some of the components sothat the rollers etc can be replicated. Steve, wonder if you could look and see if the catcams rockers will come apart easily, if they can i could use bits from them and transfer them into the newly designed bodies. I'm really struggling to get hold of the central trunnion bearing so using bits from other rockers looks like the only way. just for your info the design i'm working to has been race tested to 10500rpm with no failures.

Cheers

Chris