Wanted 1800 Manta Engine

mantasrme

I am on the lookout for a good 1800 ohc manta engine if anyone has one, don't need the sump, eng mounts

Infact a bare engine without any ancillaries will be fine.

Have a 1.8s hatchback here with a siezed engine that i am doing some welding on

Owner needs to keep it standard so the insurance isn't to expensive, otherwise it would have a 16v fitted.

So if anyone has or knows of a good 1.8 within about 100miles of north yorkshire let me know by PM or e-mail to Mantasport(at)ntlworld.com :thumbup

I'm giving away an X20XEV that was running when I pulled it cause of head gasket, short motor any use to you?

And a mate of mine as a running 1800 Cavalier FWD on his drive to part with.............

Hw would want some money for that though

Thanks for those, ideally i'd like to stick with a 1.8 for him.

He can't afford to insure the car if modified and has had enough issues with his license that if anyone spotted it was a 2.0 he'd be walking for a long while :blink:

Mantadoc: Is your friends cav for sale complete or would he be able to remove the engine?

I have a serious lack of space here at the moment and don't have room to strip it myself :(

Mantadoc: Is your friends cav for sale complete or would he be able to remove the engine?

I have a serious lack of space here at the moment and don't have room to strip it myself :(

He'd want to lose the whole car

• 2 weeks later...

taking mine out my hatch in 2 weeks mate,covered 46k no leaks but needs carb looking at as bit lumpy on tickover.can send pics if interested.

only removing due to redtop conversion.

martin.

Edited by marty GT