How Many A Series Manta's In The Uk

ray70

Hi all,

I dont know if this is in the correct category, but does anybody know how many A Series Manta's are still on the road in the UK, and how many are sorn ones? Just interested thats all.

Thanks if you know the answer, Ray.

Edited by ray70

Hi all,

I dont know if this is in the correct category, but does anybody know how many A Series Manta's are still on the road in the UK, and how many are sorn ones? Just interested thats all.

Thanks if you know the answer, Ray.

The club has details on the ones it knows of, the dvla records are for both A&B so no real way of knowing, plus there are cars in resto stage that may not even be on sorn. At a guess you may have 100/150 on the road and the same again that still alive in one form or another.

When I first took over the A register I checked every car on it with the DVLA. I found just over 100 cars that were either taxed or on SORN. Since then a few more have appeared either though the club or for sale on the internet. I think Robbies guess is probably as good as any. Obviously not every A is on the register, and some that are but are not taxed or SORNed will still exist.

Hi all, Iv'e just signed up to the forum and need some help. I'm just about to but my second manta, my first being a white gte back in the 90's, I have spotted a black C Reg RHD gsi, which I have been told where made for the german market but where LHD. Just wanted to ask if this is so and would it be one of two or a few RHD gsi's made. Any feed back on this would be great as i'm due to collect the weekend. The manta it's self is in pretty poor state needing a fair bit of work. The inside is ok having recaro seats with gsi badges on. many thanks. HELP PLEASE,

The GSi was available in most European markets, including Eire I believe. Back in the 80's it became quite common to import brand new cars from Europe as they were cheaper, and a fair few companies set up to do this. If you did this on a Manta you'd get a RHD GSI rather than a GT/E. Also, if you were in the forces in Germany you could buy a RHD car over there tax free. This would also be a GSi.

The GSi was available in most European markets, including Eire I believe. Back in the 80's it became quite common to import brand new cars from Europe as they were cheaper, and a fair few companies set up to do this. If you did this on a Manta you'd get a RHD GSI rather than a GT/E. Also, if you were in the forces in Germany you could buy a RHD car over there tax free. This would also be a GSi.

Hi thanks for your reply, what sort of value are gsi ang gte these days

Hi thanks for your reply, what sort of value are gsi ang gte these days

£250 to £7000 all depends on condition , top of the scale would have to be a bare shell resto and fully rebuilt with loads of new parts, bottom would be a car for scrap, driveable in degreees could be £1500 to £3500

£250 to £7000 all depends on condition , top of the scale would have to be a bare shell resto and fully rebuilt with loads of new parts, bottom would be a car for scrap, driveable in degreees could be £1500 to £3500

Hi Robbie, Thanks for the reply, Still did ok as I brought my gsi for £100 quid so not bad ay, Steve

Hi all, Iv'e just signed up to the forum and need some help. I'm just about to but my second manta, my first being a white gte back in the 90's, I have spotted a black C Reg RHD gsi, which I have been told where made for the german market but where LHD. Just wanted to ask if this is so and would it be one of two or a few RHD gsi's made. Any feed back on this would be great as i'm due to collect the weekend. The manta it's self is in pretty poor state needing a fair bit of work. The inside is ok having recaro seats with gsi badges on. many thanks. HELP PLEASE,

Hi i also own a right hand drive gsi hatch, mines a 1985 but registed in uk in1986 on a c plate, first service was carried out in germany according to service book.