Loss Of Access To Members Area

greg

I would like to know why as a member who is paid up until 13th July 2010 12 months after renewing last that I have been removed from the members user group. By my reckoning I still have 11 days of my membership to run and have paid for the right to have this access.

Maybe someone can explain why this has occurred?

Hi greg

Your membership expired on the 31 May 2010.

I assume from your dates that you renewed at Billing last year, if this was the case then your membership would have been back dated to the end of May 09 as this is when it expired last year.

Anyone renewing there membership with in 3-4 month after it has expired, will have it back dated to there expiry date.

All members who's membership expired on or before the 31 May 2010 have be down grated to USER on the forum

Hope this answeres your question. If you disagree please give me a ring and we can have a chat and sort it out.

Chris.

No I did not renew at Billing. I did it via Paypal on 13th July 2010 purchasing 12 months membership.

Show me where it states that you have the right to back date my new membership to the expiry date of my old membership. I paid for 12 months and expect 12 months.

No wonder membership is in the decline when this is how you treat members. Making up terms and conditions to suit as and when without having any laid out anywhere.

Having just been through the link to renew there is nothing that informs the member that membership will be back dated, so either put that in the T's & C's or act like a responsible club and run memberships for 12 months from renewal.

The reason you have given for my lack of access is weak and not good enough.

Hi greg

I am not going to get into an argument with you on the forum, if you wish to discuse this more then please ring me and we can sort it out.

This is the system I have used for the last 7 years, ever since I took on the roll of membership sec, and you are the first person to make a complate. The reson I use this system is so members who renew late do not miss out on any issues of Manta Magic.

If you have a problem with this system, then why did you not contact me back in July 09 when you received your new membership card with the expiry date of 31 May 10 ?

Chris.

12 months is 12 months whether you like it or not. My insurance company don't say you didn't renew on the exiry date so we will back date this years and give you 11 months for the price of 12. You can't quote something that you don't have in writing.

This is the same old attitude to be expected from this joke of a club and that is why so many people have complained with their feet and left. I'll be adding myself to that list.

Hi greg

Your membership expired on the 31 May 2010.

I assume from your dates that you renewed at Billing last year, if this was the case then your membership would have been back dated to the end of May 09 as this is when it expired last year.

Anyone renewing there membership with in 3-4 month after it has expired, will have it back dated to there expiry date.

All members who's membership expired on or before the 31 May 2010 have be down grated to USER on the forum

Hope this answeres your question. If you disagree please give me a ring and we can have a chat and sort it out.

Chris.

Dont wont to spark a debate but 3 to 4 months grace sounds more than reasonable, dont think your car insurance or the DVLA would do the same if you had a bump a week after your insurance ran out on the off chance you might have renewed ...................................