Please Delete

mantapaperman

hi all. as title i need rear wheel bearings, i think anyway? rumbly back axle noise..i've heard of a few bearing suppliers doing the bearings, but what about the spacer rings?

what else would i need to do the job, and does anyone thru the club produce these? ta..

Edited by mantapaperman

the bearing & retaining ring usually come as a kit with the backplate gasket also..there are usually some on ebay. make sure its the half shaft bearing thou by trying to run with car on secure axle stands. they are prone to pinion bearing noise also but this is usually a dry hissing noise rather than a rumble.

I fitted shafts from another axle to save some money......a lot less hastle. Ran the car hard for 5 years before selling it,never had any problems.

If you're after bearings try a bearing supplier as opposed to a motor factor, part no. for what you need is BRT604 which comprises of the bearing,collar and gasket.

John.

thanks for the input guys..i,m currently reading the haynes manual and its talking about ''shims'' behind the bearing? presumably for end float?

do i just slap the donor shafts in without any shims- because were would you get them from? seems certain things for these cool cars are rocking horse poo!! haha

thanks for the input guys..i,m currently reading the haynes manual and its talking about ''shims'' behind the bearing? presumably for end float?

do i just slap the donor shafts in without any shims- because were would you get them from? seems certain things for these cool cars are rocking horse poo!! haha

You defo need the shims in otherwise the bearing will move around in the axle casing....not good!! If you cant find them loctite do a prduct called..wait for it bearing retainer. Put that in and it hardens up with air securing the bearing in position. It will come apart quite easily, maintenence lads at work use it on the machines when the casings are worn.

HTH

Chris