Oldest Mk 1 Cavalier Sports Hacth

charlton

right as im intrested in. if this mk1 cavalier sports hatch we just bought is one of the earliest as the story goes about it .

could any 1 with a mk1 sports hatch post up year and date of registration of there sports hatch

Charlton EFE 867T yellow 1.6 GLS 04-11-1978

Plumster White 02-04-1980

Edited by charlton

'78 was definitely the first year they were sold, I've had a '79 and an '81 Sportshatch, both unfortunately now scrapped. I know a member who doesn't post here much (if at all?) any more has a copper coloured Sportshatch on a T plate though.

Yeah, thats my mate Sid (copper3t) his is also a 'T' plate but it was registered late on (79), mine is also a 1980 on a 'W'

• 4 months later...

Hi guys ! I'm a bit late in catching up-

Sorry to correct you Colin ( Vauxenb ) but BHH 3T (2litre GLS) was built in 1978 and registered 2nd. January 1979. The V.I.N No. is 7595090911 if that helps -

She was ordered in June 1978 before the brochures were even printed or anyone had seen a picture so I did not even know what one looked like and we ordered ' on spec.'- " we don't know what it looks like but if you don't want it someone else will buy it ". They even had the wrong colour on the manifest. She was snow bound in Belgium which stopped tranport to UK until January.

Regards, Sid. ( Copper3T )

Edited by Copper3T